Yes, I absolutely did want Mabel to experience her own longing and desire to become one with me as her life mate but that would be her ultimate choice and decision.

I would have no interference with her choices and even as much as I wanted to influence her mindset, that would not be my actions.

I wanted her feelings to be true and pure, for them to be honest and full of purposeful intention, not for them to be misguided and forced upon much like how my kind acted towards outsiders of another species.

Much like how Zephyr acted towards Mabel when he discovered on his own that she was indeed female.

My jaw clenched even with how much time had elapsed since that encounter, I was still very much so angry and disappointed in my brother for believing he could treat Mabel that way, or any future females that we may encounter eventually, as if he merely thought of her as a prized possession instead of an intellectual being.

And although I had acted no better than he did when first encountering Mabel, I knew that she was going to put up a fight when it came to our overpowering and demanding species and that was perhaps a good trait for her to have.

She needed to be strong-headed and strong-willed to survive amongst our kind and the tiniest smirk pulled at my lips, our first encounter hadn't exactly been pleasant but I was taken aback when Mabel showed just how fearless she had been when standing up to not just myself but Casimir as well.

Perhaps that was why I admired her, she was strong.

Capable.

She wasn't weak like many of the youngsters of this generation were led to believe on the twisted tales of the female species.

She was different in a way that was pleasantly refreshing, it was almost nice to be around her instead of the toxic masculinity behavior that my father and brother clearly displayed around the Palace, for starters.

Speaking of which, the tips of my ears perked up when I heard the slightest bit of sound from just down the hallway and the stairwell leading up and out of the servant's quarters, was there someone here now?

Slowly, without disturbing Mabel from her unconscious state of sleep, I gently moved her soft limbs off my body and snuck out of the cot before creeping out of the servant's quarters as quietly as I had entered them earlier.

From the looks of the slowly illuminating darkness around me, I could tell that neither Casimir nor Zion were within the nearest vicinity to be considered as the prime suspects for an unknown stranger lurking nearby and my hands balled into fists as I silently marched out of the quarters with only one glance over my shoulder at the sleeping female in the cot I had recently abandoned.

She was still sleeping, Mabel's eyes fluttering softly beneath her eyelids, and I sighed quietly as my cold heart burned at the thought of leaving her to inspect what I assumed to be an intruder of sorts but I could not allow her to be hurt once more.

She had already suffered enough at the hands of my brother whom I thought I could have entrusted her to be in the presence of and that acknowledge alone was enough to have me bursting through the doorway leading out of the servant's quarters, now more then concerned for Mabel's safety and irritated with whoever could be bothering me at this late of the night.

My heavy feet stomped across the hard, slightly cracked tiles of the hidden hallway before I ascended the stairwell that led up into the Palace where, at the tops of the stairs, I abruptly found and nearly collided with my father who was, apparently, being rather courteous this morn as within his large palms was a silver platter overflowing with an assortment of various fruits, vegetables, cheeses and herbs native to our homeland.