𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟮𝟱

"Well! We're all done!" Tsukasa brushed his hands together, triumphantly looking around the stage as if it was something praiseworthy.

"Shall we head home?" he signals outside PXL.

"Yeah, my mom's gonna get angry if I leave any later."

...

"Sorry, Y/N." Tsukasa apologises out of the blue.

"Huh? For what?" I gave him a puzzled look.

"Oh, no.. If I was.. Awkward or anything. I promise I'm not usually like that." he shrugs. Awkward?

"Awkward.. how? I enjoyed it, and I enjoy being with you." I smiled at him.

"Was I not? I just didn't know what to say. Not in a bad way, of course. I was just... taken aback after you kissed me. I really didn't expect it," he smiled back, sort of sad though.

"Oh, it's okay. I couldn't speak either, so I just, dunno, hugged you. I was awkward too." I dropped my shoulders. "Anyway.."

"Right. Anyway. Y/N. Can I..." he looked around us before continuing his sentence. "Hold your hand..?" he spreads his hand out next to mine as we walk. "What? You don't have to ask, of course!" I smile kindly as I wrap my hand around his. His hand was significantly warmer.

"Oh! Right! Sincerest apologies! Oh.. by the way, would you like to meet at the SEKAI tomorrow? You know, it's just Saturday, so we can hang out or something." he asks in a polite tone, tightening his grip on my hand.

"Yeah, of course. Oh, yeah.. I've got a question too," I look at him, and he grins. "Ask away!"

"So.. did you really mean it when you said you want to spend the rest of your life with me? Like.. I'm not that interesting," I slouch my shoulders, my smile becoming sort of sad. I'm... really boring.

"We'll see how we go. Of course, you're the first person who made me feel.. like this. I've never liked someone romantically before until I met you. I do love you. You're a sweetheart, I mean it." he sort of blushes when he says it, but manages to keep his confidence. I feel my stomach go in a knot.

"I certainly love you too," I maintain the eye contact with him, and he just smiles brightly at me.

...

"Oh, see you tomorrow. At the SEKAI." I wave to him as I enter the premises of my front garden, releasing my hand so my mom won't see us.

"Oh, right! Bye! S-See you!" he took a step back and gave me a subtle wave. I nodded and smiled before proceeding to my front door.

"And where have you been?" greeted by my angry mother, I take a deep sigh.

"I told you I'd joined PXL.. which also means I have rehearsal nights a lot of the time." I exhaled, waiting for her furious response.

"Oh.. right.. well, update on your father.. He's coming on Monday, so.." she's able to keep her cool and change the topic, but it only saddens me.

For the short period of time I had spent with Tsukasa, I had forgotten about my dad coming back. For some reason, I could only think of the worst.

"Oh, right. Can you tell me why he left in the first place?" I fold my arms, my voice cracking a bit because I'd begin to imagine if he sided with her.

"Well... he'd.. gone to another country... I.. don't want to tell you, Y/N. It'd only make you sad, so that's it. Did you have your dinner?"

"Huh..? I'm not hungry. Nevermind, goodnight." I zoned out when she asked, and lazily advanced towards my room. My head felt heavy, and I collapsed onto my bed.