𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟭𝟲

a/n
ok so i jus realised that kohane is like #1 wxs fan but i doubt alot of ppl remember when i acted like she didnt know whotbhe tenmas are JUST PRETEND THAT DIDNTNHAPPEN BC I CBA REQRITING IT RN LMDSO

I followed him outside as he took some breaths in and out.

"Oh, you don't have to come out with me. I'll be fine," he wheezed as he made a second of eye contact with me. He looked.. different. I don't know what it was about him. Well, he wasn't in his show outfit, which was weird, because we were in the SEKAI, and he was in it this morning. But he's too sick to work, so I'm glad he isn't.

Something I did notice, was that he was infact wearing the jewelry me and Mizuki bought for him. It shouldnt've, but it made me feel warm and happy for some reason. After realising I was staring at his hand like an idiot, I decided to say something.

"Thank you for making the effort to come here for us and help. If your feeling sick though, please, go home." I walked a bit closer to him, and gave him a soft smile. He tried to smile back, but it looked more like an uneasy grin.

"Go on, practise. I'm just going to stay outside for a bit," he broke the eye contact as he turned his head to behind.

"Okay, see you!" I wave as I re enter the stage.

"Is he okay?" Nene, who I would've thought to be the last person to ask, asked.

"He's just going outside for some air. Not sure when he'll be back, though." I huff, feeling bad for him.  "Should we rehearse a bit more?" I try to lighten the moods as everyone shares a worried glance. Emu nods.

"Come on, let's all smile. We won't do anything by frowning." Emu joins in. It felt like she was also trying to hold back something, as if she was trying to keep everyone smiling. It just felt like everyone wanted to see eachother happy, but I don't know how we could when we were all watching our friend, who is usually so bright, warm and fuzzy, become sad and sick - as if it felt like he was only going to get worse.

I felt like he was someone close, strangely, when I've not known him for long. At first, I misjudged him. Honestly, I envied his confidence, too. But really, he's so sweet. Though he doesn't show it, he cares deeply for people close to him. And it just hurt to watch him fall ill.

...

After rehearsing a bit more, Rui showered us all with praise. He helped us overcome parts we struggled on, and at the end, Tsukasa walked in.

"Oh, don't mind me. Continue." He acted invisible as he re entered, but with a snack.

"Oh, do you mind sharing some of that glorious, high calorie chocolate with me? I need something to balance out my over healthy eating.. I could give you some veggies for a segment of chocolate?" Rui looked as if he'd fallen ill aswell. Tsukasa just shrugged his shoulders; like he didn't care, and then took a big bite.

"What is it with you and making these strange, unfair trades? For the last time, no." Tsukasa sighed.

"Ugh.. Seems like I won't be able to rehearse anymore, sorry everyone. Because Tsukasa-"

"Oh, no. Don't blame it on me. I'm the real sick one here. You were doing just fine." Tsukasa cut him out. I'd never seen him look so fed up. They both laughed after though, like it was some sort of inside joke.

...

"You're all doing amazing! Keep it up!" Emu jumped up, running around us in a circle.

"Oh, maybe we need to go back to school now. We don't have long breaks.." I realised how much time had passed. Hopefully not too much.