𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟭

It was my first morning of Kamiyama High School. I had moved from Miyamasuzaka Girl's Academy because my mom was convinced I wasn't being taught right there.

She thought moving schools would improve my grades, but honestly I already miss the thought of walking to school with my friends.

~

I woke up at 6, my alarm screaming at me. I groggily stretched my arms as I yawned and steadily stepped out of bed, turning off my alarm and picking up my phone.

"We're gonna miss having lunch with you, Y/n! Hope you enjoy your new school :)" Minori texted me at 6:02. I smiled at the light of my screen, tapping with my thumbs on the phone keyboard.

"We can still meet up! I heard this new cute shop was opening today, if you wanna meet at the mall after school?" I replied.

I set my phone back down on my bed desk, before quickly picking up my school clothes. The uniform looked cute, atleast - a white collared undershirt, with a biscuit colour cardigan; a blue plaited skirt and thin tights.

After showering, I put on all my clothes. I smiled at my reflection before leaving the bathroom and re-entering my room, picking up my phone, and dashing downstairs.

I sit down on the closest chair, scrolling through social media.
"Morning," I turn up to see my mom, passing me a bowl of pickled vegetable salad. "Thank you!" I beam at her, picking up a fork and scooping it into my mouth.

I return back to my phone, holding it in my right hand whilst eating my breakfast. I remember asking Minori if she wanted to meet up, and go to check our chat.

"Not today : ( Got band practice. I think I'm free on thursday, though."
(Authors note: i have no clue if they have assigned band practice dates etc if they do plz tell me)

That's okay, I think to myself. Averting my gaze to the top of the screen, I see "6:49".

I hurriedly take a water bottle and slide it into my bag, and rush outside the house.
"Bye mom!" I wave to her, closing the door.

Walking down, I see blue hair bouncing from side to side as the person walked. When I got closer, she looked unexplainably familiar, like she was a singer or something. Then it hit me - that was An Shiraishi! Kohane had told me a lot about her, and I remember watching them perform together at some point.

We had only spoke a few times, but we were friends.

"An!" I waved my arm at her, swiftly speeding up. She pauses for a moment, turning her head as she returned the gesture.
"Y/n! It's been so longgg! Your finally moving to Kamiyama?" she broadly smiled at me as I walk over to her side of the road.

"Yeah, could you uh- help me a bit? I have to go to the headmaster's office early - 8:15 A.M" I sauntered beside her, picking up my bag and scanning through it.

"Yeah of course! ..What's up, Y/n?" she asks, noticing my worry.

"I forgot my phone." I embarrassedly mumble.

"Oh, we can go back and get it if you want!" she calmly responded, her eyes closing as she smiles again.

I nod as we walk back. She waited outside my house as I rooted in my kitchen for it, and then briskly walking out.

"Great, let's go. Quick now, it's 7:20." she glanced at her watch.

We both catch up on everything. The conversation averts to why I moved to Kamiyama to how Kohane accidentally burnt multiple marshmellows to a crisp.

We had a good laugh on the way to school, making a quick stop when An stops at her friend's house.

"His name is Akito Shinonome," she tells me as she knocks on his door.

"His name does seem familiar, but I don't know why," I mutter in reponse, looking down at my left hand.

"Oh yeah, he's apart of Vivid Bad Squad - Me and Kohane's band. There's this other cool guy called Toya aswell, but me and Kohane are *wayyy* better than them two," she laughed to herself in pride.

I've heard them both once, maybe twice at that concert place but I can't really remember the songs or anything they did. They're all very talented though.

"Hey An," the boy steps out the door.
"Who's she?" the ginger, Akito, points to me, kind of frowning.

"Oh she's a friend of mine and Kohane's! She's starting our school as of today, and moved from Kohane's," her eyes lit up at the thought of Kohane.

"Oh, are you into singing and dancing or stuff like that?" he smirks as he places his hand on his hip.

"Oh, um sort of. It's fun and all but I don't do it a lot," I scratch the back of my neck, awkwardly laughing.

"Oh, ok then. Since your joining today we should probably get to school early," he sighed, picking up his bag.

A few minutes in our walk, Akito left to go walk with Toya. An and I began to discuss all sorts - people from our school, after school clubs etc.

"Oh yeah, I'm apart of the school committee!" she excitedly exclaimed to me, pulling out a notebook.

"Here's a list of the school code, Y/N!" she passed it to me, grinning. The list went on and on, a frown plastering on my face. Not much better than my old school, though.

I chuckle as we continue walking, An desperate to get us there early.

"8:05," a sigh escapes her lips as we are we greeted by the entrance: bright, alive trees hanging down, forest green bushes to the side complimenting the nice stone slab placed around the walking area.

The school building towered over me; at first I was a bit nervous but An reassured me there's nothing to be scared of.

"Come, the headmaster's office is this way!" she held my wrist as she basically dragged me through the hallways.

knock knock knock.

"Is that Y/n L/n?" a voice comes out from the other side of the door.

"Yes, and I'm here too!" An happily shouts.