𝟐𝟕. words of the wise

°∴,*⋅✲✦ ( ♕ ) ✦✲⋅*,∴°

━━━━ »•» act two. age of shadow

 age of shadow

27. words of the wise «•« ━━━━

* ✧                             

* ✧                              .°

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ third age ━━ year 3019

𓇻 lothlórien; caras galadhon

*.                          ✦                           °.

THE PETALS OF THE LITTLE RED FLOWER FELT LIKE VELVET BENEATH HER FINGERTIPS. Carefully, almost tenderly, she put them in a little glass jar before sealing it and adding it to the ever-growing collection in her bag. The Elleth in charge of the Lothlórien Healing Rooms had given her permission to pack whatever she thought to be necessary for when they continued their journey. And so Elgarain had spent most of the last week locked in the bright, clean chambers, sorting through herbs and reading whatever book about the fëa she could find. It was a perfect excuse to explain her absence to the others. It wasn't a lie but it certainly wasn't the whole truth either.

The truth came in the form of a Ranger with soul piercing gray eyes.

She had tried her very best to avoid him ever since their fight beneath the moonlight. She didn't want their discord to upset the already fragile state of the Fellowship. Beneath the clear air of Lothlórien, everyone slowly started to heal; the loss of the Grey Wizard did not feel as heavy now as it did before. Even if she had often caught Frodo staring into the distance, as if he expected Gandalf to suddenly show up after all, he was also smiling far more often than a few days ago.

Gyda was also healing well. And despite Aragorn's words always lingering within her mind, Elgarain never once regretted her decision. It hadn't gone unnoticed by her either how something seemed to have changed between Legolas and Gyda. Whatever had been said in that room, it had shattered the walls they had so carefully put up around their hearts. Gyda didn't look away as quickly as she used to whenever he caught her staring. And Legolas no longer seemed to make an effort of hiding the fond look he so often gave her.