𝟐𝟔. this heart of mine

°∴,*⋅✲✦ ( ♕ ) ✦✲⋅*,∴°

━━━━ »•» act two. age of shadow

 age of shadow

26. this heart of mine «•« ━━━━

* ✧                             

* ✧                             .°

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ third age ━━ year 3019

𓇻 lothlórien; caras galadhon

*.                          ✦                           °.

SOFT VOICES FILLED WITH SORROW HAUNTED THE NIGHT SKY OF LOTHLÓRIEN. With somber tunes the Elves lamented Gandalf's fall and tragic passing. The mere sound was enough to tear her heart to shreds, as though she was watching it happen all over again. No matter how badly she wanted to, Elgarain could not ignore their grieving song. She picked up her pace down the stairs leading from the healing room. As if she could somehow outrun the haunting tune but she couldn't. The words were like knives cutting into her, until the pain finally forced her to a halt.

She took a trembling breath, failing to keep her tears from falling. Impatiently she wiped them away but her grief was as persistent as the bleeding of an unstitched wound. She had ignored the pain of losing the Grey Wizard for far too long and now it could no longer be pushed aside.

Leaning against the silver wood of a Mallorn tree, Elgarain closed her eyes and let the words of the song pierce her heart. The sting of loss was so foreign and yet she was instantly remembered of the pain she felt when losing her father. Of course, she hadn't expected all of them would come out of this battle unscathed. Yet losing Gandalf was something she never imagined to be possible. The Wizard had seemed a constant, a surety. She never could have begun to prepare herself to have him taken so suddenly. And if she felt his loss this heavily, she couldn't even begin to think of the grief the Hobbits must've been feeling...