𝟎𝟔. my mother told me

°∴,*⋅✲✦ ( ♕ ) ✦✲⋅*,∴°

━━━━»•» act one. age of ruins

 age of ruins

06. my mother told me «•« ━━━━

* ✧                         

* ✧                          .°

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ third age ━━ year 2949

𓇻 eriador; imladris {rivendell}

*.                         ✦                        °.

"AND HOW DOES THE FËA CONNECT TO THE HRÖA?" LORD ELROND ASKED AS HE PACED BACK AND FORTH IN HIS STUDY. All afternoon he had been asking her about the subject of the fëa. After years of studying the ways of the body, the hröa, Elrond had decided she was ready to move on to the studies of the spirit, the fëa. And though Elgarain was glad he trusted her with more advanced lessons, the subject required a delicacy she wasn't sure she possessed.

"Like a house needs an indweller, the hröa needs the fëa," she answered, remembering the texts she'd studied in preparation for this lesson. "The fëa is what gives life and meaning to the hröa."

Elrond nodded. "And what happens when death occurs?"

"Death is the separation of the two. The fëa is houseless and will return to where its allowed to rest," she replied.

"Good," Lord Elrond said and then walked to his own desk. He took several parchments and handed them to her. "Read this in preparation for our next lesson."

She took the pile and straightened them before getting to her feet, ready to leave the study when the door was opened and Lindir appeared.

"My Lord," he said with a bow of his head. "Aranel. We have a visitor. He wishes to speak with both of you."