"I'm thinking something lighter. My stomach has been awful to me recently."

Bokuto chuckled softly. He leaned over and poked Akaashi. "Ramen?"

"You always want that or barbecue. I want Onigiri."

"Fine!" Bokuto got out and rushed to open Akaashi's door. "Come with me butthead."

Akaashi held his hand and felt his heart race. "Salmon?"

"Yum."

Akaashi held on tighter. "I wish I was wearing that jacket from the bag."

Bokuto took off his jacket and put it around his shoulders. "No problem cute stuff."

Akaashi blushed. He was usually very good at hiding his emotions around everyone but it just wasn't working. Bokuto was difficult to hide in front of.

"You want lavender soap, right?"

"Either that or some sort of honey scent. Those are also really nice along with mint."

Bokuto nodded. He pulled Akaashi closer as he noticed stares from other people. Usually people kept their distance and stayed quiet but there were always and had always been those people who didn't realize that they didn't have to be rude.

"Are we shopping or eating first?"

"Eating. We can't shop on an empty stomach. I know what you do."

Akaashi hummed. "I'm not that bad."

Bokuto rolled his eyes. This wasn't their first date. Nor the second or third. This one was nearing fifteen. Bokuto loved dates and such but Akaashi had gotten such a big appetite over the past few months that he tried to avoid restaurants. Akaashi was adorable with his now slightly chubby stomach but Bokuto had spent way too much on ramen the last time they went out and didn't want a repeat of that date.

Akaashi tapped his arm, smiling. "I see a teddy bear."

"Oh?" Bokuto looked around.

Akashi pointed to a window. "It's cute."

"Do you want it?"

"No, no. For Junpei."

"Oh true. Little dude can't stop holding them."

Akaashi chuckled. He glanced into a shop. "Kuroo's here."

"Damn it, Bokuto mumbled. His pace quickened, avoiding the shop.

"I thought he apologized to you?"

"He did but I can't stand to be around him sometimes. It's like I can still feel him kissing me for some reason and I hate it." Bokuto shook his head to get rid of the thought and smiled. "Go check how much the bear is."

Akaashi checked and went back to Bokuto, who bought it on the spot. He carried the bag and got them to a little shop down the way so that Akaashi could finally eat. He sat down and Bokuto ordered whatever Akaashi needed. He knew full well that his stomach may hurt and all but it was alright. They had medicine and they had water.

Akaashi ate and so did Bokuto, both giggling between bites. The bear sat on the table against the window and Akaashi played around with it. He too had grown to love childish things like that.

"Babe."

Akaashi's heart skipped a beat. He looked up in surprise, never having been called that before. "Yes?"

"Would it be okay if I called you that actually? I should've asked first," Bokuto asked, completely cool about it despite his deep blush.

"It's okay. But I sort of expect the title that comes with it..."

Bokuto grinned. "Yes."

Akaashi smiled. Finally. It had been a year of suffering through chicken broth and crackers plus the siren songs every other day but he had gotten closer to the one he loved.

It wasn't because he felt trapped or because Bokuto had rescued him. It was because Bokuto had showed him love first and taught him how love felt.

He had a phone to contact others but no one was like Bokuto. All of the attractive and single friends Bokuto had that Akaashi had met didn't have what Bokuto had. Bokuto talked to him like an equal as well and no one else really seemed to do that. Even Oikawa kept a childish tone with him despite being relaxed around him. It was awful.

"I was just gonna ask if you were okay and if you wanted to walk on the beach later. Away from the water of course but tonight's sunset is supposed to be beautiful."

"If we stay away from the water, yes."

"Great!" Bokuto smiled from ear to ear, loving this. "I really wanted to walk tonight. Thank you."

Akaashi smiled. "It's no problem. I am sort of full so I'm going to go on my phone, okay? It keeps buzzing since Oikawa texts me."

"Oh! Have you two been getting along at work? I love that you agreed to work with him, that was a huge step for you."

Akaashi nodded. He opened his phone and saw that Oikawa had messaged him a bunch about how Daichi had put him in closing alone. That always sucked for him since Oikawa hated the dark.

"Everything okay?"

"Mhmm! He's just complaining."

"Oh. Well that happens a lot." Bokuto glanced up and cleared his throat. "Kuroo is staring."

"What?" Akaashi turned around and noticed Kuroo staring in their direction. He turned around and noticed someone in the shop making direct eye contact with him and looked between the two. "Not at us. He doesn't even seem to realize we're here."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean he's staring at that girl- boy? Person. He is staring at that person with bleached tips."

Bokuto glanced to the side and his eyes widened. "Kenma."

"Who?"

"A student who had to move away. He was neighbors with Kuroo. I'll be right back." Bokuto headed over to the table Kenma was at before walking outside and got Kenma to Kuroo. He came back, smiling. "Those two are adorable."

Akaashi just kept nodding, confused. He loved Bokuto though and Bokuto didn't make sense a lot. He was his enigma and to him everything that was odd made no sense and all the sense in the world. There was no other way to put it.