Chapter 1: Remnant

Start from the beginning

A small piece of black lace adorned the front of Weiss's neckline, and the hem of her dress was scalloped and stitched to resemble shimmering snowflakes. Over that, she bore a bell-sleeved bolero with the same color graduation as her dress from shoulder to wrist, lined in red and with a ruffled collar. Her boots were white, wedge-heeled, and higher at the back than at the front, and her off-center ponytail shifted in the wind.

"It's good to see you too, Ruby," Blake said, the black-haired girl greeting the young Rose with a polite nod, her black bow dipping with the movement. A long, white tailcoat with a dark violet inner lining and sleeveless black crop top with a belt attached from behind adorned her frame, the crop top bearing rectangular and diamond-shaped cutouts around the neckline. Additionally, she wore a white belt over black fitted pants and thigh-high black heeled boots with gold-colored edging around the top, the left boot with a belt wrapped twice around the thigh.

"So, we have anything to catch up on?" Yang teased, yanking Ruby off Weiss and wrapping an arm around her shoulders

Everyone groaned, Weiss rubbing her forehead with her thumb and forefinger as Blake merely groaned. "Some things never change," Blake muttered, shaking her head.

"For better or worse," Weiss sighed, having resigned herself to yet another semester with the blond-haired brawler and her deadly puns.

Ruby giggled. "I'm pretty sure you meant worse."

"Either way!" Weiss declared, cutting off Yang's protests. "Blake and I arrived several hours ago, and I've already arranged our dorm."

Ruby and Yang sweatdropped, the two half-sisters exchanging looks. There was no way she could have... could she? "Please tell me you didn't bring any textbooks," Yang pleaded, Ruby's head nodding so fast in agreement that it resembled a bobblehead.

Timeskip

"You just had to ask... didn't you?" Blake deadpanned. She, Yang, and Ruby all stood in the doorway, frozen in utter terror at the set of large binders on Weiss's desk: one red, one black, one gold, and one white.

"I cleaned up as well," Weiss said proudly, one hand on her hip as she gestured to the beds that practically sparkled with the other, the pillows and blankets arranged to perfection. "You don't have to worry; those binders are only for the first week."

Everyone groaned, and Ruby jumped to her bed in a burst of red petals. "Weiss, we just got back!" she whined, flopping onto the covers, much to the heiress's horror. "We don't need you killing us with work before the teachers do!"

"We do have a few days before term 'officially' begins," Blake agreed, crossing to her bunk and sitting down, resting one leg over the other as she pulled a book out seemingly from nowhere. "We could take the time to relax or do something productive...."

"Like studying," Weiss offered hopefully... only for the other three girls to shake their heads.

"I'd rather do some sparring," Yang said, punching her fists together with an excited grin. "Maybe Pyrrha's up for a match or two. Speaking of, has anyone seen Team JNPR?"