Christian winks, "Practice makes perfect babe.", he says before slipping out the door.

The next hour or so passed by slowly. Until finally, I was walking down the aisle. I didn't even have to wait to get closer to know that Christian was crying.

"Hey." I whisper, taking ahold of Christian's hands.

I let go of one hand, reaching up and wiping his cheeks as the priest begins.

"... And now, the Exchange of the Vows. Brinley and Christian have chosen to read there's to each other right here. Christian, you may go first."

Christian clears his throat, looking down, "Um.. Sorry.", he wipes under his eye.

I reach up, wiping his tears again and he looks at me.

"Originally, I had planned on writing vows to you. To vow to love you, cherish you, all that. In my own funny and inside joked way. But, I've had something weighing heavy on my heart this past year. So, I will not be saying any vows to you right now."

My brows furrow, "What're you doin'?", I whisper.

"Instead,", Christian reaches into his back pocket, pulling out a folded, stapled stack of papers, "I'm going to do something you might like even more."

"Christian... What's goin' on?"

"Brinley.. If- If you'd want to. Only if you want to.. I'd really like it..", he places the papers in my hand before turning around and motioning for Charlie to come over. He picks her up, "We'd really like it.. If you would adopt Charlie. I want her to be yours as much as she is mine. I want her to be ours... I mean, she's already yours, I just want to make it legal. I want you to be able to make the same decisions for her that I can."

I unfold the pages in my now shaking hands, my vision becoming blurry as I look down at them.

In my hand, I held adoption papers. Actual adoption papers. He actually wants me to adopt her. Not just be her Step-Mom but her actual Mom.

I choke out a small chuckle, "You want me to adopt her?"

Christian nods, pressing his lips together to keep his trembling bottom lip from showing as tears stream down his cheeks. "She's already yours. Let's just make it official."

I nod my head up and down quickly, "Okay.", I sniffle, "Yes, I'll adopt her."

Christian grins before leaning down and pecking my cheek.

"Go back to Nana.", Christian goes to set Charlie down.

"Can I stay with you and Mommy?"

Christian looks at me and I nod.

"Okay."

Charlie reaches her arms out for me and I take her, resting her on my hip with one arm and my free hand holds onto Christian's.

Ever since that night back home when Charlie called me "Mommy" for the first time, she slowly started calling me that more. Usually it was just when she was going to bed. Then, it was before nap times and when she woke up. Slowly she started calling me that on a regular basis and she hasn't stopped since.

The priest turns to me with watery eyes, "Your turn.", he whispers.

I wave my hand downwards, "Oh well screw my vows. They suck compared to this."

*

"Dance with me?"

I stand up, taking Christian's hand in mine, "Uh, that is kind of the point of the first dance."