9 - Game Day

Promiscuous - Nelly Furtado, Timbaland

"So, Brinley stayed with you last night?" James asks, quickly lacing up his skates

"Yeah. She had some personal things going on." I say, slipping my foot into my skate.

"Yeah, that's what Elsie said." He says, looking over at me.

I knew that look on his face. "What?"

"Nothing. Just, when are you gonna sleep with her?" He asks.

"Not happening. It's not like that." I say, shaking my head.

"Bullshit.", he says, standing up, "El said she's hot.", I roll my eyes.

"Yeah well, she was also trying to tell me I'm halfway to my own Fifty Shades of Grey fantasy." I say and he laughs.

"Listen C, I just don't want you to get hurt again." He says and I sigh.

"I'll be fine. Like I said, it's not like that." I stand up, patting him on the head.

"Like I said, bullshit." He claps me on the back.

"Will you stop. Okay, I just met the girl like 5 days ago."

"And yet, you probably haven't been able to stop thinking about her since then." He says, giving me a look.

"What color are her eyes?" He asks and I roll my eyes. "Answer the question, C."

"Brown."

"Hair?"

"Dark Brown." I say without hesitation.

"Where's she from?"

"North Carolina."

"I have a wife C. I'm not stupid, I know how it all starts." He folds his arms across his chest.

"It's not the same, J."

"One person, can change it all Christian."

I sigh, "Cut it out man."

"I'm just saying. I'm calling it now." He says, grabbing his stick and heading towards the doors.

*

"What's it like being the worst player in the league?" Lucas Friedman, right winger for the Minneapolis Sharks, spats out.

That's all he could come up with?

"I don't know, I'll be sure to ask Garrison." I say, referring to Lincoln Garrison, the Sharks left winger.

"How's Charlotte? Last I heard, you were fucking her nanny." He snaps, referring to a rumor from a couple months ago.

"Well, then I'd be fucking my mother. No one knows how to do that, quite like you." I quip.