Chapter 9: A Sign

A/N: Chapter 9, let's go!!! I will get to original chapters here in a bit, I just want to get some of these chapters out of the way first beforehand. But we will get to see some more of Starrick. Yes, I'm combining my character's last name with Malrog_the_dragon 's OC's last name. I think it's pretty cool! Anyways, on to the story!!

(Siera's POV)

We are most definitely lost now.

I already figured we would be lost. I wait while Jake, still soaked from the water after being chased by the Thanator, grabs a stick, sharpens it until it almost looks spear-like, then begins walking.

"Come on," he says gently to us, as the sounds of the fauna fill my ears as we walk. "We gotta get moving." I roll my eyes.

"Jake, yer bein' paranoid. Quit it, the creatures won't attack unless we provoke them." I say to him. We continue walking, Alex noticing how I'm slowly getting colder. The temperatures here might as well drop to below freezing at most. Maybe. Probably not. But we continue walking. I hear more of the fauna as we walk, until I turn and my eyes land on her.

A female native Na'vi woman up in the tree, bow in hand, her pinna pricked. She has a bow in her hand, an arrow nocked as well. She aims it at Jake, and I'm about to warn her when I see it: a woodsprite, floating in the air towards the woman's bow. The woman's eyes wander to the woodsprite, following its movements until it lands on the tip of the Na'vi woman's arrow head, then it floats in her face a bit as the woman lowers her bow, making me sigh in relief. I want to ask her what her name is, but being as elusive as she is, she looks at us one time before walking away. I watch her disappear into the trees before I follow Alex and Jake. It is now sunset as far as I can tell. I look over the flora a little more before I follow my comrades once more so I don't get lost. Hopefully I won't before night falls.

(Normal POV- Trudy's Samson)

Meanwhile up in the air, a Samson flies through the air, while Grace peeks out the window with binoculars in her hand. Norm and Wainfleet are already on board as well, so is Trudy since she's flying. Trudy then looks out her window then says,

"We're gonna have to call it, guys. We're not allowed to run night ops. Colonel's orders." Grace peels the binoculars from her face with a frustrated sigh.

"Sorry, Doc. They're gonna have to hang on till morning." Grace puts her fingers to her radio collar and says,

"They won't make it till morning. Siera and Alex might, but I don't know about Jake. That jarhead."

A/N: Another shortie!!!! I might do an original chapter later if you guys want me to. Just to make this a little longer. That's only if. Comment on what you want, to continue on, or do an original chapter.

Next Chapter Title: Viperwolves