Chapter 10 | Omitting Pain

❀Her eyes were a force to be reckoned with, intense and all-consuming, drawing me in❀

Her eyes were a force to be reckoned with, intense and all-consuming, drawing me in

🌹•Chapter Ten•🌹

The scene unfolded in a picturesque garden, adorned with an array of vibrant flowers. Each blossom held its own unique meaning and possessed a distinct kind of beauty, adding to the enchantment of the surroundings.

Kim Taehyung found himself engrossed in the task of tending to the flowers, his hands carefully nurturing their delicate petals. The garden was situated in the backyard of a flower shop, and Taehyung took great pride in maintaining its splendor.

Engaged in a conversation with his mother, Taehyung spoke affectionately, his words punctuated by pauses as he watered the blossoms.

"Yeah, eomma, Kookie is supposed to be the mafia king, but that doesn't mean I have to join the headquarters just because my dad is a mafia member. Being a mafia king and being a mafia are two different things. So, yeah, I should choose what I want to do. Besides, you guys have Namjoon and Seokjin hyung who are already part of the mafia."

"Yes, I understand. Tonight will be Jungkook's first mission as the mafia king, but you don't have to go with him just to prove yourself to your father. He needs trained individuals, and I know you're not fully prepared for such missions. But I believe you when you say you can manage being a florist and a member of the mafia simultaneously. Just promise me that you'll start your training."

Taehyung let out a sigh, a hint of frustration in his voice, as he rolled his eyes in response to his mother's words. "I know, eomma. I'll begin my training, I promise," he assured her, his determination shining through his words.

Just as Taehyung was engrossed in his conversation, a voice interrupted him. Startled, he turned to find Yoongi, giving him a quizzical look. "Taehyung, who are you talking to?" Yoongi's voice held a tinge of curiosity.

Taehyung flinched slightly, caught off guard by the sudden intrusion. "Oh, I was talking with my eomma on the phone. Why? What's up, hyung?" he replied, trying to regain his composure.

Yoongi's gaze intensified, his eyes fixed on Taehyung as he repeated the words he had overheard. "You were talking about Jungkook needing trained men?"

Taehyung nodded, understanding the source of Yoongi's curiosity. "Yeah, Kookie is embarking on his first mission today as the king. But he didn't want me to accompany him. It's not a regular mission; he's heading to one of the Jeon family's biggest and undoubtedly most dangerous enemies. He needs someone stronger, someone well-versed in various weapons. Unfortunately, I only know how to handle a revolver. My expertise lies in punching and kicking people's balls," he explained with a touch of self-deprecating humor.