16. Heaven and Hell

Start from the beginning

"Good," Dean commented. "That's not troubling at all."

"We're in trouble, huh? You guys are scared?"

"Nah," Dean and Emelie answered.

"Hey, Dean, Emelie!" Sam called.

"Just stay here, okay?" Dean instructed, turning to Ruby. "Keep an eye on her."

BOBBY'S DINING ROOM

"How's the car?" Dean asked.

"I got her," Sam replied. "She's fine. Where's Bobby?"

Emelie glanced at Sam. "Bobby's in the Dominican. He told me to tell you you break anything, you buy it."

"He's working a job?" Sam questioned.

"God, I hope so," Dean said. "Otherwise he's at hedonism in a banana hammock and a trucker cap."

Sam frowned. "Now that's seared in our brains."

"All right, what did you find on Anna?"

"Uh, not much. Her parents were, um, Rich and Amy Milton -- a church deacon and a housewife."

"Riveting," Dean and Emelie stated.

"Yeah," Sam agreed. "But there is something here in the report. Turns out this latest psych episode wasn't her first."

"No?"

"When she was 2 1/2, she'd get hysterical any time her dad got close. She was convinced that he wasn't her real daddy."

"Who was?" Dean wondered. "The plumber, hmm? A little snaking the pipes?"

"Dude, you're confusing reality with porn again. Look, Anna didn't say. She just kept repeating that this real father of hers was mad. Very mad -- like wanted-to-kill her mad."

"Kind of heavy for a two-year-old," Emelie commented.

Sam glanced at her. "Well, she saw a kid's shrink, got better, and grew up normal."

"Until now," Dean said. "So, what's she hiding?"

"Why don't you just ask me to my face?" Anna suggested.

"Nice job watching her."

"I'm watching her," Ruby shot back.

"No, you're right, Anna," Sam agreed. "Is there anything you want to tell us?"

"About what?" Anna asked.

"The angels said you were guilty of something. Why would they say that?"

"You tell me. Tell me why my life has been leveled... Why my parents are dead. I don't know. I swear. I would give anything to know."

"Okay. Then let's find out."

"How?"

BOBBY'S BASEMENT

Dean led Pamela down the stairs.

"We're here!" Dean told Pamela.

"Pamela, hey!" Sam greeted.

"Hey, Pamela," Emelie said.

"Sam? Emelie?" Pamela called.

"Yeah," Sam and Emelie confirmed.

"Sam, Emelie, is that you two?"

"We're right here," Sam told her.

"Oh. Know how I can tell?" She grabbed Sam's butt and shook Emelie's hand. "That perky little ass of yours and that melodic voice of yours. You could bounce a nickel off that thing or be drawn in with that voice. Of course I know it's you two, grumpy, sweetie. Same way I know that's a demon, and that poor girl's Anna and that you've been eyeing my rack."