Before anything could escalate, Layla appeared. She was walking towards the three brothers, she greeted them with a smile. Ahkmenrah took the opportunity to hug her, she eagerly hugged back. She wore a dress that hugged her curves and showed off her skin, Kahmunrah smiled. He was to marry her at the weekend. She would be the most beautiful bride, her silky blond hair shone like the sunshine according to Kahmunrah. A giggle made Kahmunrah snap out of his thoughts, he looked to his baby brother only to smile. Ahkmenrah was skipping down the corridor with Layla who laughed with him. 

Kahmunrah shoved past Tahmunrah following his siblings unaware of the danger his brother would cause. 

Later that night after a large banquet, Kahmunrah decided to retire to his room for the night, after putting Ahkmenrah to bed. He decided to go and say goodnight to his soon to be wife, his father was quite strict on their interactions but his mother encouraged it. However, when Kahmunrah got to Layla’s corridor he saw what looked like a scuffle. His father’s personal guard urged him not to go inside but he stubbornly shoved past to see his future wife on the bed covered in her own blood. She had been murdered and a note was left beside her. Kahmunrah couldn’t help the emotions that overwhelmed him, he snatched the note from his father who had just arrived…

‘Remember what I said, You don’t deserve happiness and neither does the brat! Hope you can save the next one before I have to kill another! Haha! - T’

Kahmunrah was furious but he wasn’t the only one. Merenkahre sent out a warning for his son Tahmunrah to be found and brought to him immediately. The pharaoh knew his middle child had some issues but he didn’t think killing would be one. There was only one thing he could do to set his son free, which was sending him to command one of his army’s or so he thought. 

A strangled scream of pure fear rang through the corridors of the palace, Kahmunrah was moving before he even realised it. The guards following straight on his tail, Merenkahre didn’t care that he was pharaoh, he rushed after his eldest son. That scream only belonged to one person and a fathers instincts are never wrong. 

Ahkmenrah was in danger!

The two arrived on the scene to find Tahmunrah had Ahkmenrah by the throat and was in the middle of choking the child. From what Kahmunrah saw in the flashes of anger were the cuts, bruises and broken objects in his baby brother's chambers. 

“Ahkmenrah!” Merenkahre yelled out startling Tahmunrah who turned with only one look on his face, pure evil. The pharaoh didn’t know what to do, his son was walking towards him with a knife and had a look of evil on his face. The guards tried to disarm him but Tahmunrah took them down. Merenkahre could only watch as his son who had commanded his army’s or so he thought, Tahmunrah had made sure the men in the army did the worst things possible. His son tried to kill his brothers. Kahmunrah at one point had enough, his mother had arrived and held Ahkmenrah in her arms, the little boy curled tightly in his mothers embrace while their father stood in front of the two. 

Kahmunrah would do one thing and that was protect his family and that certainly didn’t include Tahmunrah. Despite Merenkahre’s best efforts he couldn’t stop the violent duel in front of him, even the guards couldn’t do anything. Ahkmenrah whined for his parents, the two reassuring him everything was alright. At one point Tahmunrah was getting annoyed and decided to throw a dagger at his brother and sweep his legs out however it backfired as Kahmunrah caught the dagger and when he went down he tripped his opponent. Tahmunrah fell face forward onto Kahmunrah but due to the back fire of the move, Tahmunrah had fallen on his own dagger. It went straight through his heart, the middle brother choked on his blood, Kahmunrah shoved him off him in shock. 

Merenkahre watched in shock as his eldest shoved his middle son. The blood coming from his son's chest was just too much, Shepseheret couldn’t even find herself to comfort her dying son, not when Ahkmenrah had fallen unconscious due to his own blood loss. The priests were quick to help the middle prince, they soon learned they were too late. Kahmunrah only stood in shock as he watched his brother's eyes close for the last time, the lifeforce slipping from them. 

Tahmunrah saw one thing in his eyes as he closed them, the betrayal of his family. They didn’t come to his aid, he saw the way they rushed to Ahkmenrah’s side. Oh how he would get his revenge in the next life. Nothing would stop him, he would kill Ahkmenrah if it was the last thing he did!

A broken family somehow became whole after the middle prince was buried in the royal chambers far away from where the pharaoh’s tomb would be. In reality, was Tahmunrah actually dead or did the gods heed his earlier prayers. 

A shorter chapter! Stay Tuned for more updates next week! :)