Chapter 12

Mama left a few minutes ago and the kids were still upstairs. Jessie looked at me for a few seconds with a look I didn't understand.

"What"? Jessie sighed walking up to me, wrapping her arms around my neck and kissing me softly. I kissed her back and we pulled away. Jessie looked into my eyes smiling sadly.

"Babe? What is it? What's wrong"?

Jessie sighs again and sits on the sofa. I sit next to her and hold her hand. "Babe"?

"I know that you still have nightmares Hayden and I see you tense up every time you drive. You can't hide it from me Hayden I notice everything about you". She says and I sigh.

"Why didn't you tell me babe"? she asks.

"I don't know. I just didn't want to add any more stress. With my surgery and new prosthetic and the added stress of the kids. I just didn't want to add anything else with the things from my past".

"Baby, we're engaged and going to be married. I've told you before, I want to be a part of every issue you have or will go through. I love you so much and if that means I drive us everywhere until you're comfortable again or helping you fall back asleep after a nightmare. Then I will do it. I will do anything for you baby".

"Really"? I ask showing how vulnerable I am. "Yes Haydie". She says kissing my forehead.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you".

"It's okay Haydie. Now, what do you think is the best options to help you"? She asks looking into my eyes smiling softly.

"Umm, would you be able to drive for a while until I'm ready"?

"Of course I can love". She responds making me smile. "And it might be good to get some therapy".

"If that's what you want". She says and I nod.

"Okay, we'll have a look at it tomorrow". Once again I nod.

"Shall we go check on the kids"? Jessie asks. "Yeah". We head upstairs and knock on Caleb's door. "Cay can we come in"? I ask which he says we can. I open the door and we walk in to see him on his school laptop. "I finished my work and sent it to my teacher".

"Good job Cay". Jessie tells him making him smile.

"Thanks Mum".

"Do you want to come downstairs and maybe watch a film with us"? I ask him and he nods.

"Okay, head downstairs and get comfy and we'll ask Logan if she wants to join, okay"?

"Okay Mama". He says and runs downstairs making us chuckle at his actions.

We leave Caleb's room and knock on Logan's door. "Come in". She responds.

"Hey Lo, what are you up to"? Jessie asks her as she was laid on her bed.

"Oh, just talking to a friend". She lays making me smirk. "Just a friend"? Logan looks at me shocked. "How- how did you"?

I shrug. "You're always smiling on your phone. The kind of smile you don't use when talking to just a friend. And I've heard you on call to the same girl many times". I tell her making her blush.

"We was just waiting for when you were ready yo tell us". I say looking at Jessie who was also smirking. "Oh and babe don't forget you owe me £50". I say making her groan. "Dammit I thought you would have forgot about that".

"You guys bet on me"? Logan asked.

"Kind of. I said that you wouldn't tell us until we brought it up and Jessie said you would tell us before then. We've had a lot of tormenting each other about that". Jessie said.