Chapter 5

Hayden's POV:

It's now been three days since the USA and Canada semi-final match and since then the Canada staff now know I'm here and they told me that I could stay with Jess in her room with Janine and that I could also travel and have meals with them which I appreciated.

Jessie and I have had some movie dates in our room since we've not had the time to go anywhere with her focusing on the final coming up, so the movie dates have helped take the stress off of her.

I was now sitting in the family section of the stadium with Jessie's parents and siblings waiting for the final to begin.

While we were waiting I looked around the stadium and my eyes fell on someone I didn't want to see. I immediately looked down.

"Hayden, What's wrong"? Michaele whispers as she's sat next to me. "My Mama is here".

Michaele looks past me and looks to find my Mama. "Oh, I see her. What do you want to do"?

I was still looking down and I was trying to think of what to do.

Do I stay?

Do I leave?

What about the plan?

What about Jessie? What would she think when she realises I'm not here to support her?

I was struggling to breathe.

"Hayden, Hayden look at me". I looked at Michaele. "Count with me okay"? I nodded and Michaele held up one finger at a time and we both slowly counted to ten and with each number I was getting calmer and calmer.

"Well done Hayden, Now calmly think about what you want to do".

"I don't know, but I'm not disguised at all and she can't see me, I can't deal with that. But I don't want to ruin the plan".

"If you think it will be best for you then go. We can come up with another plan. I'll explain to Janine and the girls and I'll tell Jessie why you had to leave".

"Thank you, Michaele". She shook her head. "You don't have to thank me".

I nodded and went down the few steps and went through the tunnel.

I was heading to the exit gate when I bumped into someone and they were about to fall until I caught them. "Oh my god, I'm so sorry". I said and helped them to stand. "Hayden"? The voice made me freeze and the woman looked at me.

"Christen"? My voice shakily spoke out. I could see the tears form in her eyes. I let go of her and took a step back. "I uh - I gotta- I gotta go". I stuttered out and took off ignoring Christen's yells following behind me.

I continued running out of the stadium with Christen still shouting and running after me. Luckily, I had quite a bit of distance between the both of us but Christen's shouting was drawing a lot of attention towards us which didn't stop me from running.

I turned down a corner and ended on the floor. I winced out and didn't move even when I heard Christen's voice. "Hayden. Oh my god".

"Hayden, can you hear me"? I groaned out. "I'll take that as a yes. Hayden, can you look at me"? I opened my eyes to see Christen's head hovering over mine.

I smiled. "You caught me". I chuckled but regretted that due to the pain making me wince again.

"I see you're still stupid". Christen said chuckling making me smile.

I started moving but Christen stopped me, "No Hayden, don't move".

"Mum C I'm fine". I froze at what I called her and so did she. I released a breath and apologised. Christen also let out a breath "It's okay".