Chapter 9

??????'s POV:

I was in the kitchen of my apartment and I was sitting down about to eat the dinner that I had just made, when a facetime request popped up on my laptop. I saw who it was and answered it immediately.

"Hey ??????". They say.

"Hi ??????, is everything okay? I thought we were calling later".

"Yeah I know and I'm sorry for interrupting you while you're eating but I need to tell you something". They say and I can see the worry on their face.

"What is it? What's wrong? Are you hurt"? I ask now worried.

"I'm fine don't worry but it's something I should have told you earlier. Precisely two months ago". They say, which doesn't help my worries and confusion.

"?????? What is it"?

"When we were in Tokyo at the stadium for the Olympic final match, do you remember I went to the toilet and was gone for a while"? They say and I nod. "Well someone ran into me, making me lose my balance until they caught me".

"Okay"? I question not knowing where this is going.

"Well, it was Hayden". They say and I just freeze in shock.

"?????? I'm so sorry I didn't tell you. We recognised each other straight away and she ran. I chased after her but you know how fast she is. We ran for a few minutes down the streets and she turned a corner and ran into the back of a car. The paramedics came and tried to get her to the hospital but you know what she's like. Afterwards, I tried to talk to her but she told me that we needed to go our separate ways and she told me not to tell anyone before she then ran and I was left frozen in place. I'm so sorry I didn't tell you ?????? I don't know why I didn't". They say and I can see them tearing up.

"Its okay ?????? I'm not mad. Well I'm a little bit upset that you didn't tell me but you're telling me now so that's all that matters". I say and they let out a deep breath.

"So what are you going to do now"? They ask.

I think about it for a second before answering them. "I'm going to find my daughter".

Jessie's POV:

When I go to our bedroom Hayden can't be seen.

"Hayden"? I call out.

I check our bathroom and she isn't there either. I go back downstairs and go into the main area but I still can't see her.

The outside light is on so I go outside and see Hayden sitting on one of the seats.

I walk over to her and sit on her lap and she wraps her arm around me.

"What's wrong baby"?

"Nothing. I'm just thinking". I look into her eyes and she's telling me the truth. "What are you thinking about"?

"Just how happy you make me. I didn't think I could meet anyone who makes me this happy and who cares about me as much as you do". She says smiling. "I love you so much Jessie and I don't want to ever lose you".

I love you so much too babe and you aren't going to lose me I'm marrying you for life. I'm not going anywhere. I love you and only you".

She pulls me in and kisses me passionately. We pull away smiling.

"Thank you, baby".

"What for"? I ask her.

"Everything you have done for me. You have helped me with my past. You have shown me what it's like to be loved by someone. And you have given me a family who means so much to me". I lean in and kiss her softly.