Chapter 8: Conflict

Start from the beginning

Gabriel looked at her, his eyes softening slightly. "Not until I pay him back."

"It's still wrong—both of you are in the wrong," she shot back.

"Can someone tell me what I did wrong?" I asked.

They both ignored me, much to my annoyance. I really wish someone told me what was going on.

"Sorry, sis, but this is something I have to do." He said seriously, speaking as if he was the one getting bullied all these years. But it does make me wonder if I knew him before I moved to Kanto, and what I supposedly did to him before.

Trinity sighed, "Well, there's no stopping it." She looked at me, "Vali, you got to go through with it."

"Go through with what?"

"A battle," Gabriel gave me a wicked grin. "And I'm going to kick your ass."

"Yeah, yeah." Despite my calmness, I was not at all confident that I could win this.

"Alright then. A one-vs-one battle. Trinity, you be the referee."

"Yeah sure," Trinity responded.

Gabriel and I stood at opposite sides. Since there were no convenient arenas, we had to settle with secluded areas in Viridian.

"I'll finally show you!" Gabriel threw his pokeball. "Go Venusaur!"

A blue-white flash of light burst from the pokeball. Venusaur, in all its glory, appeared after the light show faded. "Venu!" it roared as it faced me down.

I sighed. "Ready, Eevee?"

"Eevee!" it yapped, before jumping off my shoulder, facing Venusaur.

"Begin!" Trinity said, and the match started.

Gabriel, unfortunately, beat me to the punch. "Power Whip!"

"Venusaur!" its vines, which glowed with green energy, shot at Eevee with explosive speed.

"What do you think that weak pokemon is going to do to my Venusaur?" Gabriel asked. "He's never even been hit by any other pokemon in our school!" he gloated.

I grinned, "Then I'll be the first. Eevee, Mimic."

"Vee, Vee!" Eevee barked, absorbing the purple orb from Venusaur, copying Power Whip. I didn't know how she would use it, considering she didn't have vines. But I had no time to question it.

"Power Whip!"

Eevee grew vines made out of glowing green energy, cracking as it flew toward the other vines, intercepting them.

"What?" Gabriel spat. "How did It do that?"

"It's one of Eevee's moves it learns over time." I  calmly responded. "Don't underestimate an Eevee."

"Eevee!" she agreed. Her vines were clashing with the others, trying to keep them at bay. Suddenly, her whips started to interlock with the other ones, holding them in place. She tied hers with Venusaur's, before plunging two into the ground, which served as an anchor.