Chapter Four

Kakashi spent a lot of his free time listening to the videos of Sakura droning on and on about her day. It felt like a breach of privacy to not only the missing girl but the people she had surrounded herself with. Kakashi didn’t want to know about the time Ino had gotten caught making out with a boy or the time Naruto nearly lost his hand or that Sasuke, apparently, had a freckle on his left butt cheek.

He had to remind himself that this was all to find her. With that in mind, he takes a long sip of his coffee and presses play.

“The trip is approaching fast and I’m so excited! We finally told Sasuke about it and he was overjoyed. A break was just what he needed from his father -. I just wish that I was feeling better lately, so that I could have been there when they told him in person.”

“My mom thinks I should go to the doctor-”

Her mom hadn’t mentioned her being sick. Kakashi rubs at his temple absentmindedly. The date of this entry was two weeks before the trip. It was probably nothing if it hadn’t been mentioned at any point.

“Ino keeps asking me weird questions about when Sasuke and I made love. I don’t really understand why she keeps asking them and has to be so nosey - it’s embarrassing!”

Kakashi did not miss his teen years. Glancing at the clock, he lets out a sigh and decides to set her phone down. He had enough time to eat real quick and then he had to pay a visit to the Uzumaki vacation home.

*******************

The house was just as ugly in person as it was in the picture that Ino had posted. It was such an obnoxious orange and clashed horrendously with the greenery surrounding it. Kakashi couldn’t fathom why they would paint it orange in the middle of the woods. Though, he supposed it would make for a great identifier in the event that it was dark or raining - they would be able to see it no problem without the lights that were posted all around the house.

“No one has been here since the kids left and the staff cleaned it up. That was the day after they had left, I should clarify,” Naruto’s mother, Kushina, says as she unlocks the door to the front of the house. “Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help your search go smoother.”

“I think I’ll be fine. Thank you for letting us look around,” Kakashi gives her a small smile. He hoped it looked genuine, he didn’t smile often and he was very grateful for her allowing them to search the vacation home. However unlikely it may be that there are clues here.

They searched the whole place top to bottom and couldn’t find anything. A lot of it, Kakashi was sure, was due to the fact it had been cleaned right after they left. Chances are, she wasn’t murdered or kidnapped from here because surely, the cleaners would have notified the Uzumaki’s about there being something wrong here. Though, on could never be too sure.

“The house is all good, is there anyway I could possibly talk to the cleaners who were present during the trip and who cleaned it afterwards, too?”

“Yes, of course, I’ll find out who was all here and let you know.”