Chapter 7: A Journey

Start from the beginning

But I still had a plan. "Eevee, Iron Tail."

Eevee knew what I was planning. She blocked the Thunder Shock with the Iron Tail, using it as a conductor. Sparks swirled around it as she used her tail as a lightning rod.

Trinity seemed baffled, "What? I-I've never seen anyone use Iron Tail like that!"

"This Is how we beat Ursaring! By not thinking normally!" I responded.

"Eevee!" Eevee confirmed. She leapt at Pikachu, swinging her electrified Iron Tail downward.

"Pikachu, dodge it!"

Pikachu took a big step backward, but all he did was avoid the brunt of the attack.

As Eevee's tail hit the ground, the electricity was released, forming something that looked like Discharge. Bolts of electricity traveled through the ground, hitting Pikachu directly.

Despite him being an Electric-type, and the fact that the electricity came from him, he was still affected by it. He was staggered for a moment.

"Eevee! Finish it!" I shouted. "Leap upwards!"

Heeding my order, she used her Iron Tail—like Pikachu did—to fly upwards, before turning her body to face Pikachu.

"Tackle," I said in a chilly tone.

"Eeeee..." Tackle propelled her downward, speeding up after every second that she descended, a blanket of wind forming around her.

"...veeee!" then she hit Pikachu like an airstrike, a booming sound reverberating through the air as a cloud of dust billowed around the arena, blocking our view.

Trinity and I stood anxiously as the dust settled, waiting to see the outcome of the battle.

But I already knew I'd won.

When the cloud of dust cleared, Pikachu and Eevee were sprawled on the floor side-by-side, none moving.

But then Eevee stirred and stood up, looking at her opponent, who was laying down next to her, fainted and defeated.

She stood up straighter and cried in victory, "Eevee!"

I grinned and put my fist in the air, "Good job, Eevee!"

She smiled and bounded toward me, jumping on my shoulder and nuzzling me.

Meanwhile, Trinity looked solemn, walking to Pikachu, petting him with a sad smile. "You did great, Pikachu—" she looked at me briefly "—but we still have ways to go."

"Pika..." Pikachu said softly as he slowly got up, looking at Trinity.

"This is just one loss. It may be our first battle, but we can still grow," Trinity said, reassuringly.

"Pikachu!" Pikachu's mood brightened up again as he climbed to her shoulder.

Chuckling, I walked up to her and offered a handshake. "That was great battle. You had me sweating."