She didn't have to do any of this.

And yet she did. She accepted him as he was, with all of his struggles, and she did all of those things for him.

Happily.

Hermione made little whimpering noises and he swallowed every single one of them, hungrily kissing her mouth, devouring her. Those small, delicate – deadly – hands fisted his hair, slid around his neck, and then wrapped around his torso.

Draco snaked his hand down her back and around her waist to press her body against his. She was soft, petite and moving against him in the most delicious way.

Fuck.

She smelled warm and feminine and tasted even better.

Draco wanted her now.

Slowly, before the kiss became too heated for public, he broke away from her with a low growl and opened his eyes. Hermione's eyes were darker, and hooded. Her lips were swollen, her face was flushed and she was breathing heavily with a dizzy, lusty smile on her mouth. Draco wanted to do that to her again. He wanted to feel her body against his and to hear the sounds she made. He leaned forward but her smile faltered slightly.

Hermione was going to say something about objectivity and being his handler and he didn't want it to ruin the day. Instead, he gave her a devilish grin, and before she knew what was happening, he picked her up and threw her over his shoulder, walking with long strides across the grassy field towards the entrance to purchase tickets.

"Draco!" she squealed, hanging upside down, bouncing lightly against his back.

He had never heard her squeal before. He couldn't have imagined a sound like that ever leaving the mouth of Hermione Granger, and he grinned.

A few people walking across the grounds looked at them, but he didn't care. She giggled. Giggled. And dug her fingers into his ribs.

"Yaaaaaah," he cried out, stumbling as she tickled him mercilessly from her upside-down position.

He tried unsuccessfully to guard his rib cage with his arms. Giving in, he slid her down his front and down to the ground. She was still laughing, face beet red and hair coming out of her braid. Both of them were grinning ridiculously and gasping for breath. After a few seconds of panting laughter, they took each other's hands and continued to stroll towards the entrance of the building to wait in line.

Draco couldn't keep the smile off his face. It had been such a long time since he felt this happy, and he didn't remember when the last time was.

His smiled widened. Yes, he did.

Walking around the National Gallery.

"No tickling." He pointed his index finger in her face. That only made her laugh harder. She grabbed his finger with her hand and pulled it away.

A saucy grin played at her lips. "I'll make no promises not to exploit your weaknesses."

They continued on to purchase tickets. "Retribution, Granger." Draco towered over her and lowered his voice threateningly. "You won't know when, you won't know how, but it's coming for you."

Unfazed by their height differential, Hermione's eyes sparkled up at him with a naughty gleam. "Promise?"

He couldn't take this anymore.

~

"And this is how Muggles get up into space?"

"You sound underwhelmed."