Disconnected (Angst/Fluff)

Pairing: Bucky Barnes x Avenger!Reader

Summary: When you get left behind during a mission and have to fend for yourself, you lose connection with your teammates- your boyfriend Bucky Barnes included- and Bucky fears the worst.

Word Count: 2.8k

Warnings: Mentions of violence, stabbing, shooting, blood, death, swearing, angst and fluff.

"Shit!" You cursed, slamming on the breaks as the exit of the tunnel collapsed in front of you.

When the quaking of the earth below you stopped and the dust began to settle, you climbed out of the driver's seat of the vehicle, tiny pebbles still rolling towards your feet as you stared in disbelief at the display in front of you- trapping you inside of the underground tunnel.

If you had just been ten seconds quicker you would have made it out with the rest of your group, but having been caught up fighting one particularly persistent "bad guy" you had just missed hopping into one of the vehicles that had escaped the collapse with your teammates.

"Fuck! Y/n! Y/n are you alright?" You heard a frantic Bucky ask through your earpiece.

Tapping on the device in your ear, you breathed a sigh of relief, knowing that everyone else had made it out okay- your boyfriend included.

"I'm fine, Buck." You assured him. "Just... stuck. Did everyone else make it out okay?"

"We all made it out okay, Y/n." You heard Steve tell you over the ear piece. "Don't worry. We're gonna get you out of there."

Although he couldn't see you, you nodded along with what Steve was saying until you heard the familiar sound of motorcycles' engines rumbling behind you, quickly approaching you from behind. Squeezing your eyes shut, you tensed, knowing what was about to happen next.

"And how long do you think that's gonna take?" You asked, glancing over your shoulder.

While Steve paused on the other line, the sound of vehicles revving behind you, you slowly pulled out the batons at either of your sides.

"Tony says you'll be out in five minutes." He replied. "Why? What's going on over there?"

Spinning around to face the five motorcycles that were rapidly approaching you, you bit the insides of your cheeks.

"Um... nothing to worry about." You lied. "Just get here as quick as you can alright, Rogers?"

You should've known your boyfriend would see right through your fib as you heard him speak up on the other end of the coms, worry laced in his stern tone.

"Y/n, what the hell is going on over there?"

The man in front revving his engines once more, you winced at the sound you were sure carried over into your earpiece.

"What was that?" Bucky asked.

If there was one thing that caused the super soldier to falter even after decades upon decades of war, it was knowing that you were in danger. Despite being a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent who had been well equipped to fight her own battles since before he came along, Bucky still worried about you. Although he had gained his memory and freedom back, nothing in his life compared to you and he would easily give all of it up to know that at the end of the day you would be safe and sound.

You knew that Steve probably had to drag him into the vehicle he escaped in in the first place and if he knew there was any inkling you would leave with one more scratch on you than he had left you behind with then he would never be able to forgive himself for it.