Green (Fluff)

Pairing: Bucky Barnes x Avenger!Reader

Summary: Three times Bucky realized you were more than a friend and the one time he finally admitted it (based on events from TFATWS).

Word Count: 3.1k

Warnings: Mentions of reader wearing a short dress, jealous Bucky.

#1

"Nice of you guys to call me."

Your hands in your jacket pockets, you announced your presence as you strolled up to the group of four men standing outside of the police station. You could basically feel the tension in the air as each man had a resolute expression written on all over their faces.

"What's going on here?" You asked, slipping your hands out of your pockets and gesturing towards the group.

"What are you doing here?" Sam asked.

You might have been nicer about the situation if you weren't utterly pissed that the two men hadn't informed you about the mission that they had gone on.

"Incase you forgot, Sam, you're not the only one who's had to pick up where someone else left off. It's my job to keep track of you guys." You said. "... Also I'm Bucky's emergency contact."

"Well," The blonde man leaning against the police cruiser said. "You're a little late. I handled it."

Looking up at the man in front of you, you gave him no inclination of defeat.

"You must be John Walker." You said.

"So you've heard of me?" He smirked.

You crossed your arms, stepping away from the man who you had seen on television playing the role of Captain America. You had heard about the decision moments before the government had first displayed the impersonator on screen, but it had been too late for you to do anything about it or to inform Sam or Bucky in time for his appearance.

"I've heard of everyone." You deadpanned.

"Yeah?" He asked, standing up straighter. "And who are you?"

Just as you were about to open your mouth, you felt Bucky's hand land on your shoulder. Turning to glance at him, you watched as he shook his head, giving you a serious look. Despite the fact that you were now tasked with keeping track of the former members of the group of Avengers and were one yourself, you had been able to keep your identity a secret. Although to the world you were "Sorceress"- the Avenger with magical powers similar to those of Wanda Maximoff- to members of the team such as Bucky you were Y/n Y/l/n.

He didn't trust John Walker and he didn't want to bring you into their own mess. Although Bucky had been avoiding Sam's text messages, Bucky had kept in constant touch with you since you first met him after he had come back from the Blip six months ago- even going as far as spending time together multiple times a week in person- not because you had to keep track of him, but because the two of you genuinely enjoyed spending time together.

You were the closest thing he had to normalcy and he didn't want the knockoff version of his best friend messing it up not only for himself, but for you too.

However, you didn't see much of a way out of it. You weren't going to just leave Bucky and Sam to handle the situation on their own, but you also didn't see a way that you could work alongside them and not have John and Lemar figure out your identity sooner or later.

Gently taking Bucky's hand off of your shoulder, squeezing it lightly before dropping it, you reached out your hand to John Walker.

"Y/n Y/l/n." You told him. "Sorceress... and I guess the current caretaker of the Falcon and the Winter Soldier."