"It's always like that, Y/n!" Your brother shouted, turning his attention back to you while pointing an accusing finger at Bucky. "You don't know what he's like! He takes out a different girl every day and I used to turn my head, but God damn it! My sister too?"

You and Bucky had always known that there wouldn't be a necessarily positive reaction from your brother when you first told him, but standing in the midst of the situation now you both wished you could escape to seconds before.

A part of you felt so guilty you wished you had told him earlier.

Maybe his reaction wouldn't have been so bad.

"Steve, I- I don't do that anymore." Bucky said, his voice faltering. "I know that I've done stuff like that in the past, but it's over for me now. I care about your sister, Steve. I love her."

Rather than relax at his friend's confession of love, you watched as your brother took a deep, long, shaky breath.

"How long has this been going on?" He asked.

"Steve-" You attempted to ease him.

"I said 'how long has this been going on!'" He shouted this time.

"Ten months." Bucky confessed calmly from beside you.

It happened so quickly that you couldn't stop it.

Rather than shout once again, seeing red, you watched as Steve threw himself at Bucky, shoving him to ground and climbing on top of him.

"Oh my God!" You shouted in shock, wrapping your arms around your brother's torso to pull him off of your lover. "Steve, get off of him!"

Rather than let go, your brother pulled the collar of Bucky's shirt, shoving him against the floor.

"Ten months!" Steve shouted. "You've been seeing my sister for tenfucking months and you didn't say anything? She's not something that you can just mess around with-"

Throwing a punch to his best friend's face, Bucky cursing in pain but not moving to throw Steve off of him, you found the strength to tug Steve hard enough to pull him off, you both falling to the ground in the process.

"Shit!" Bucky cursed, holding his eye.

Glancing from your brother back to Bucky, you pushed yourself to your feet, making your way to Bucky's side. You dropped to your knees and attempted to examine his wound before turning back to your brother.

"You know- this is exactly why I didn't want to tell you." You told your brother. "I mean, God, Steve you're so overprotective of me. You get so mad when people think you can't fight or handle yourself, but you do the same shit to me. I can handle myself! I've known Buck just as long as you and I know what he used to be like but it's not like that anymore, Steve. I know what I'm doing. I'm with Bucky and you can either come to terms with that or... I don't know... but I'm not leaving him."

Noticing how your brother's shoulders began to relax and his fists loosened at his sides, you turned back to Bucky, gently brushing your fingertips against the bruise forming around his eye.

"I should get you some ice."

Rather than agreeing, Bucky shook his head adamantly.

"No. Leave it doll." He groaned, moving his hands up to hold his eye once again. "I deserve it."

Glancing back up at Steve you saw him sigh before reaching his hand out for Bucky to take. Glancing at you and then Steve's hand, Bucky took it, Steve pulling him to his feet.