"They say glass mages came from obsidian, yet not even half have remained as such," It tilted its head again, so I continued, "Those of glass are of combination mages, born of earth and fire, those that can't control the temperature of their magic, leaving them unable to create magma for more than a few seconds. The rapid cooling creating obsidian. No one really knows why it's become glass after such a long time, maybe an unconscious desire to separate from what they could have been? To separate obsidian from magma? I don't really see the point, honestly, in my experience at least, the clearer the glass, the easier it breaks,

       "Obsidian has also proven to be sharper, at least for me I suppose, but even saying that, I still conjure the clear or murky glass that has likely been the reason glass mages have been scorned so much. They hide their magic with a weaker version because they dislike comparison. They'd rather be considered weaker than they could be all to avoid being compared to someone with better heat control," I tapped its face, a ripple similar to water shaking the smooth surface.

         "I can't say I'm happy to be a glass mage, and I am often left to think about how even unconsciously I'd rather make translucent obsidian when there are plenty of other kinds, just to avoid being compared to one of similar magic. I may hate it less if it wasn't scorned upon, maybe I would find better ways to use it, be taught to use it in a way it stood out, a way that suited it, but unfortunately, that's not the world we live in. You are a magic that is disregarded for the simple fact that there is one similar with a better general use. I am the mage that is weak for the fact that I was so close to being stronger than I am,"

          Its hand gently took my cheek in its grasp, holding the scar I had been hiding with my hair. Hair that had a notable streak of white. A few actually. After summoning the thing I had gained two more. They peppered my hair but the most notable was the one in the front. The one that I couldn't hide. The one I wished no one would notice. At least, no one that knew just what it meant.

         "I can't tell if I hate you or not," I said honestly, a personality being shown in something that wasn't alive nor knew what it meant to be alive. Just a physical manifestation of mana. "You make my skin crawl but I don't know why, probably the fact that you shouldn't exist, I can hide you because of Vitreus but if I had not of been a special kind of freak you'd be something that'd drag me down. I know Vixen would have seen through you, she'd have known the moment she saw you that you are nothing but my mana," Sighing I ran my hand through my hair again, talking to my magic, I really was a freak.

         "I'm not exactly allowed in the forest anymore, but you aren't me, so go ahead, play as Vitreus does, I have no reason to stop you," I waved at the dragon that was only seen when it lept above the tree line. It turned to look at him, before looking back at me, leaning forward. Our foreheads brushed and suddenly my sight had disappeared. Only soft hues and glowing colors around as I stilled.

         I had seen it before, having looked through it, but this was different. I wasn't looking through it. It had shared what it saw. What I looked like to it. Swallowing as I stared at the bright harsh blue, concentrated into a small girl with short and full hair, the leaking glow that spread around her, mixing with the red hue that had no center. The white streaks in her hair crackled within the blue mass of frizzy hair as if forced to exist within it.

       And just like that, I could see again. Blinking wildly, my hands rubbing my eyes, I stared at the thing that simply tilted its head. Fingers lacing one of the white streaks. It was asking me a question. Opening my mouth I closed it, tears rushing to my eyes at the silent question. My hands rubbed the tears that were quick to race down my face roughly.

       "I-I-" Hiccuping I just wiped my face faster, "I don't know! I didn't think about it! It-it just happened!" I sobbed, cold arms wrapping around me, magic swallowing me as I was surrounded by a cold but warm sensation, my feet not touching the ground and my hands not my own. "I- I don't wanna be an executioner! I don't wanna be a merger!" I wailed, my voice distorting into things I couldn't even call words, my vision returning to nothing but soft and bright colors sprinkled in a dark world.