Chapter Eight - Sunset

10th day came and Hyunjin looked as healthy as he was years ago. His cheeks are rosy, his lips are plump and juicy, his hair is so silky as if he just recently showered however that is not the case.

Hyunjin is still sitting on the same place, staring at the waves. Even if tried to, his body wouldn't move. He heard footsteps coming closer and closer until it stood infront of him. His childhood friend, Changbin.

"Oh.. H-Hyunjin-ah? Please.." Hyunjin can see him. He can see Changbin kneel before him. He can feel his hands holding his. "No.. let me save you please." Hyunjin felt Changbin's tears on his fingers when his bestfriend kiss the back of his hands.

However Changbin knew what Hyunjin's answer is just by looking in his eyes. Hyunjin doesn't want to be saved. He doesn't want to forget. "Hyunjin-ah. You look so pretty. Let me take a photo for you okay?" Changbin took his phone out and shakily took a photo of his frozen best friend then sat beside him. "Look. It's like you're wearing make up. I know how much you hate make up." Changbin teased, stopping himself from being sad especially when he knows he is slowly losing Hyunjin. He doesn't want Hyunjin to feel like he is causing pain.

"I have so many things to tell you. I got promoted just yesterday. I have my own studio now and Chan is helping me with the arrangements." Changbin intertwined his fingers with Hyunjin and caressed the obvious vine veins underneath the pale male's skin. "A-and.." Changbin swallowed the bump in his throat and looked up, trying so hard not to cry even more. "And, mom wants to have dinner with us. It's your birthday soon right? She said she'll bake a cake for you."

Changbin was shaking. He was so scared that once he lets go of Hyunjin, he'll disappear. "Were you looking at photos? I want to see too." Changbin picked up the phone from the floor and looked at the screen. It was a picture of their graduation. Hyunjin got so many awards that day.

"Hyung! Binnie!" Hyunjin rushed towards his two bestfriends only to get tripped by an invisible stone. "Ya! Be careful!" Changbin scolded as Minho helped his boyfriend up. "I'm sorry. You two came!" Hyunjin cheered and hugged his boyfriend first then Changbin. "No. How dare you hug him first just because you two are together now? Is this how our friendship has become!?" Hyunjin rolled his eyes and jumped onto Changbin's arms. "You're so dramatic!"

"What do you want to eat, Jinnie? My treat. Changbin can pay for his own." Minho teased as he carried Hyunjin up on his shoulder like a child. "Just say that you're broke and put him down. What if he falls!?" Minho scoffed and held Hyunjin's hands tightly. "He already fell for me~" Hyunjin giggled and nodded at Changbin, agreeing to whatever Minho says. "Unbelievable. Why am I a thirdwheel again?"

The three arrived at a streetfood restaurant. "And here I was thinking you'd treat Hyunjin to a fancy restaurant." Changbin mumbled, his stomach growling. "Sorry baby, I only have 50,000 won right now. I promise I'll make it up to you okay?" Hyunjin slapped Changbin's arm and turned to look at his boyfriend. "Jagiya, It's fine. Don't listen to this brat right here. I'm fine with wherever as long as you're beside me." Hyunjin leaned his head on Minho's shouder, nuzzling his nose against Minho's neck.

"Hey hey! We haven't taken a picture first!" Hyunjin realized and looked around for someone they can ask to take a photo of them. "Noona!" Hyunjin smiled at the girl who just passed by. "If it's okay, can you take a photo of us three?" The girl happily took the phone and backed away slightly. "Wait wait!"

Changbin stood up and squeezed himself in between Hyunjin and Minho, sitting on both one of their thighs. "Okay, I'm good!"

"One, Two, Three.."

Click

Changbin placed the phone down and gently hugged Hyunjin's head to his chest, combing his hair with his fingers while pressing his lips on top of his friend's head. "I'm sorry, Hyunjin-ah. I'm sorry this happened to you. You're supposed to be the one who receives all the blessings because you deserve all of it but why.. why do you have to experience this? I would take it all for you if I have the chance to."

Changbin and Hyunjin stayed in that position until the sun sets, the sun was replaced by the moon yet it's like shining on Hyunjin and Hyunjin only.

Minho stood still as he watched what's happening out in the veranda. He doesn't know what to feel or what's he doing back in Jeju. Why he escaped with the papers. He doesn't know a thing.

Changbin soon noticed Minho's presence and walked towards him. His eyes puffy because of all the crying. "What are you doing here?" Changbin spatted, judging Minho's whole existence. "Were you waiting for this?" Minho spatted back, glaring at Changbin who just teared up again. Shocking the male.

"You- you're unbelievable you know that? How can you- just.. how can you hurt Hyunjin like it's nothing Minho? After everything? After years of sacrifices, after years of joy?" Changbin pushed Minho aside but his wrist was caught. "So you came in like a hero to save the day?"

"Save? There's nothing to save. Hyunjin doesn't want to be saved because unlike you he treasures all your fucking memories. Your lies, his pain, his sufferings. He treasures it like a fucking pirate. Now let go of me before I smash your face in pieces." Changbin snatched his wrist back and went in the kitchen to get himself a glass of water.

Who is he kidding? Of course he's the one to blame. Why is he throwing all his frustrations to Changbin? Who cares if Changbin and Hyunjin starts dating?

Minho stepped in the veranda and saw Hyunjin's eyes closed. "Yeppeo." Minho whispered as soon as he saw Hyunjin's face. He looks so peaceful sleeping.

Changbin just watched from afar like he always do. Minho brushed his fingers on Hyunjin's rosy cheeks and it was cold as ice. "Hyunjin-ah.. you're going to catch a cold if you sleep here." Hyunjin's eyes slowly opened. Minho froze when they locked gazes and when he felt Hyunjin's cold fingers touch his cheek. "My list is finally complete. sunset" Minho furrowed his brows and remembered Hyunjin created a list before.

"Even if its a short period of time, I feel so loved that you came. Thank you, hyung. This will be the last time I'll say that."

Changbin felt something was wrong. It felt cold.

Minho gasped when Hyunjin closed his eyes once again, his hand falling down on his lap gracefully. "Hyunjin-ah?" Minho shook his husband's body but no response. "Changbin! Changbin! Hyunjin isn't responding!"

Changbin fell on his knees and cried silently. His lips parted open, he couldn't even make a sound as his tears runs down his cheeks. He knew what happened.

"CHANGBIN-AH!" Minho yelled, desperately calling out to Changbin. "Hyunjin.. Hyunjin wake up. Don't fucking scare me!"

Hyunjin looked as beautiful as ever. He was like a rose that just bloomed. Hyunjin is gone.

As you all know, Hyunjin's emotions controls the pace of the disease. So when Minho came to see him, he felt loved and had the strength to talk and move slightly even for a short period of time until he gave his own life up because he already finished his list. Meaning, he surrendered.