Chapter One - Losing Interest

"Minho! This place is beautiful!" A 28 years old artist goes by the name Hwang Hyunjin- now Lee Hyunjin exclaimed as he saw the beautiful scenery of their newly bought escape house in Jeju. "Well, I got the bonus this month and decided why not buy a place where we could stay and relax." Minho said, standing behind his husband and wrapped his strong arms around Hyunjin's tiny waist. "Hm.. you're the best." The artist mumbled as the fresh breeze kissed their skins. "Anything for my husband. We've been together for 8 years now and I still fall for you everytime, Hyunjin." The said male giggled and turned around to look at Minho's eyes as he cupped his cheeks. "Nothing compares as much as I love you, Minho hyung."

And it wasn't a lie. Nothing did compare.

6 months later, even after saying their vows infront of God himself it wasn't enough for Minho. All their promises, their plans- ruined.

"Hyunjin-ah!" Changbin, a good friend of Minho and Hyunjin slammed the door open and witnessed tons of petals on the floor as if he was being surprised. "Oh my god, I'm sorry! I didn't mean to ruin your surprise for Minho- HYUNJIN-AH!" Changbin ran towards the male crawling out of the kitchen. "What... what happened!?"

Changbin for the first time in his life saw a man coughing out beautiful red roses' petals. "J-just hurry and help me clean this up.." Changbin had so many questions running in his mind but he didn't want to push Hyunjin's buttons. The man he loved secretly for so so long.

Changbin did what he was asked to do, he cleaned up the petals and laid Hyunjin up at the said male's shared bed with Minho. "I.. what- I'm not allowed to ask, am I?" Hyunjin weakly smiled and coughed up again, this time his roses fell down on the bed and on the floor like a confetti. "Should I call Minho?" Hyunjin gasped when he heard the front door open. Changbin was about to rush down to tell Hyunjin's husband what's happening but both of them heard two sets of footsteps.

"Hide me."

Changbin was so confused as to what's happening, he doesn't have any choice but to do everything Hyunjin says. "Why the hell are we hiding from your husband, Hyunjin?" He whispered, pinning the sick artist on the wall of the closet where they hid.

"Minho, are you sure your husband isn't here?" Hyunjin and Changbin heard Minho chuckle as they enter the room where the two are in. "Oh my.." Minho was confused but Jisung, his secretary was definitely charmed. "I didn't know you'd do something cheesy like this!" Minho shook his head and nervously chuckled, looking around if someone is in his room. "Yeah.. I.. I definitely did that."

Petals scattered all around, as if they were in their honeymoon phase. Did Hyunjin do it for Minho? To try and save their dying marriage?

"What the-" Changbin looked at Hyunjin's eyes. They were cold, unbothered even. Bed creaking, loud moans, sweet exchanges filled Hyunjin and Minho's shared room. "Don't." Hyunjin whispered, pressing his palms on Changbin's chest as he closed his eyes and tried to breathe. "Hyunjin... this isn't right."

Three hours was the time it took for Hyunjin and Changbin to hide. By the time the two left, Hyunjin was already on his knees, hand covering his mouth. "Let me see." Changbin took Hyunjin's hand away from his mouth and saw the once beautiful petals wilt right before his eyes. "Please let me do something." Changbin begged, pleaded, kneeled just for Hyunjin to let him help get a marriage counselor or divorce papers. "You're silly. I married Minho. As I said in our vows, in sickness and in health, till death do us part."

A couple of hours later, Minho arrived home as if he didn't came back home a couple of hours earlier with his secretary. "Hyunjin-ah?" Minho called out as he took his shoes off. "You're home. I made you dinner."

Minho looked up and saw Hyunjin. The said male is dressed up, light makeup on his face and his styled long hair that completes his look. "Are you going somewhere?" Minho asked, walking in the house and straight into the dining room where a fancy setup was seen. A romantic dinner for two.

"Well, I thought since it's our 9th anniversary I would like to treat you to a meal!" Hyunjin said enthusiastically which annoyed Minho. "Hey." Hyunjin raised his head and smiled, pulling the chair for his husband to sit on. "I know you're acting like a housewife but please know I am very tired. I worked my ass off only for you to greet me like I was having fun in an amusement park?" Minho sighed and rubbed his temples. "I'm sorry, hyung. I was just.."

"Shut up."

Hyunjin sat down, broken plates and glass on the floor while Minho is up in their shared bedroom, thinking on how he should open up the divorce.

Hyunjin couldn't even cry. He was like a stone but his pain was more physical than emotional. Every day is worse than yesterday, he could feel the thorns stab him more continuously now. Then he remembered their 8th anniversary.. the time where Minho didn't work until dawn, where they could hang out even if they have slight money problems.

"What am I going to do with this big house if I'm alone?" He asks himself, watching the coughed up petals wilt in a faster rate.

"Hyunjin-ah. We need to talk."

Hyunjin knew exactly what Minho wanted. "I'll sign it." Minho was taken aback. He thought his husband would atleast fight him a little. "Then that's great!" Excited, Minho rushed to take the papers out of his briefcase not noticing Hyunjin flinching in pain. "However, I have a condition."

"I want to feel loved again by you. Give me 10 days of just us. No work, no harsh words, nothing but pure love." Minho frowned at Hyunjin's request. "What? But, Hyunjin.. me making you sign these papers means that.. I don't.." Hyunjin smiled and nodded. "I know. We can pretend. It doesn't have to be real love, hyung. I'm sure you can spare me 10 days in exchange of years with your new lover." Minho thought about it for a while and agreed. "One more thing, I want to stay in Jeju where no one can disturb us." Hyunjin said, shaking Minho's hand.

"10 days and you'll sign these papers right?" Hyunjin nodded, his eyesmile that once was adored was shown. "Alright. Pack your bags, we'll go to Jeju."

"Grandpa.. I don't want to hear this anymore. This is bad." Myungsoo hopped off from Minho's lap and was about to run away when the old man laughed. "Myungsoo-ah. We haven't even started the ten days. It was the best ten days for both people in the story."