Chapter Five - Other Half

Hyunjin was alone in the house, finishing his painting when the door bell rang. Minho went out to buy food for them to eat. It wasn't a surprise that they're both foodies and eating is their bonding as a couple. "Coming!"

Hyunjin wiped his hands on his apron and walked towards the front door. When he opened it, he saw an unfamiliar yet very familiar face. "Who are you?" The man welcomed himself in with a charming smile. "Hi. I'm Han Jisung." Again, Hyunjin felt thorns in his throat but swallowed it forcefully. "Oh. Hi. Minho went out to buy groceries-" Jisung sighed and looked around the house. "I know. I came here to talk to you actually."

Jisung accepted Hyunjin's offer to sit down on the couch to talk. "I'll get straight to the point, Mr. Hwang. 5 days is enough isn't it? I just don't understand what's the point of being isolated together here for ten days- your marriage is over. All we need is your signature and it's null." Hyunjin just kept swallowing the thorns, taking advantage of his emotionless phase. "Like you said, There's only 5 days remaining and he's all your—"

"You're not understanding what I'm saying, Mr.Hwang. I can't see the point of this. Minho and I are planning to get married and soon. I am afraid if he stays here any longer his decisions will become clouded." Hyunjin looked at the envelope Jisung handed him and shakily took it. "You understand right? If your fiancé stays with his ex husband. It will kill you right? It's killing me, Hyunjin. Please stop this nonsense and let him go. It's very clear there's no more feelings involved."

Hyunjin watched as Jisung leave the house. Silent. The silence was too loud, it's making Hyunjin's head hurt. He ran up the stairs and locked himself in the bathroom with the envelope in his hand. The thorns in his throat can't be swallowed anymore.

Hyunjin faced his reflection and opened his mouth, seeing a full bloomed rose forming. Using his fingers, he took it out and he finally is able to breathe. "What should I do?" He asked himself, his reflection. The rose is already forming in his body.

Staring down at the full grown rose in the sink he felt warm tears running down his cheeks for the first time in months. "What... what should I do now?" Hyunjin sat on the tiled floor and sobbed, burying his face on his knees as he curled close to the door.

Minho arrived home with a smile on his face. He managed to find that ahjussi who gave them pudding and he bought a dozen just for Hyunjin to enjoy while he paints. "Hyunjin-ah! Yeobo~ I bought you puddings! You know, from the festival." Minho chirped as he puts the groceries in the fridge. "Yeobo where are you?" He asked, looking around the house and saw Hyunjin sitting right infront of his easel, holding a paintbrush but not moving. Minho stood behind for a few minutes until he noticed Hyunjin's thoughts are up in the clouds.

"Hyunjin! Hey. Earth to Hyunjin!" Minho laughed and pinched Hyunjin's cheek when the male finally noticed his presence. "Oh hey! You're almost done." Minho referring to the painting. "Yeah. It'll be done soon." Hyunjin smiled and looked at Minho. "Hyung, I signed the papers."

Minho looked at Hyunjin confusedly. "Oh! The papers, I.. I think I left it back at home. You can sign it when we get home deal?" Hyunjin stood up and went to their bedroom, taking out the envelope Jisung gave him. Minho who followed Hyunjin furrowed his brows. "Here. You can leave today if you want. I want to stay here still until our divorce is finalized if that's okay. It's a request as a friend."

Minho opened the envelope and saw Hyunjin really did sign the papers. "But Hyunjin-ah. There's still 5 days left? According to our deal—" Hyunjin sighed and sat on the bed. "That was the deal yes but it's unfair for me to hide you here for almost two weeks. I'm satisfied with those 5 days we spent together." Minho stored the envelope back in the drawer and kneeled right infront of Hyunjin holding both his hands. "Hyunjin, let's finish what we started okay? In good terms."

Hyunjin smiled and cupped Minho's cheeks then leaned down, pressing his forehead onto his husband. "We are in good terms. I'm not mad at you, I'm actually thankful to you, Yeobo. Thank you for granting my request but you need to go home now. Jisung is waiting for you."

"Jisung? Wait. Did he come here?" Hyunjin shook his head and chuckled. "I knew Jisung. I heard you talk to him countless of times." Minho placed his hands over Hyunjin's and closed his eyes.

Hyunjin felt cold. Like a skeleton. In just a few days, his appearance changed so much. From this healthy blonde boy to this skeleton like human being.

"I.. what if I tell you I changed my mind?"

"Did he change his mind, grandpa?" Myungsoo asked, getting too invested in Minho's story. "He did. He thought about it and what they lack was time together. Minho was so focused at work that he forgot his lovely husband at home who did nothing but wait and support him from afar. He took advantage of his kindness and his love by showing his affection to someone else. Someone who worked close with him even if his husband was with him even when he's at work. Hyunjin never left him."

Myungsoo sighed. "So did Minho and Hyunjin end up together again like those movies we see? Happy ending?"

"No."

"Then you'll hurt Jisung." Hyunjin pulled away and stared down at Minho. "Yeobo. We are married, yes. However you managed to find someone better. I know you love me, I never felt unloved ever since we got together however I wasn't enough. I know it, you know it. If you come back to me again then it'll only make me feel bad. To see you settle for something less than what you have. I only want what's best for you and your happiness is what I truly want. I wanted to be selfish for 10 days but I was already satisfied in 5 days. There's no competition in love, you chose Jisung over me because he's better, he makes you feel more than I do, he makes you feel safe more than I do and I'm fine with that. We've known for 11 years now and I don't regret anything. Thank you for being my husband in these 9 years, Lee Minho. This is the best anniversary yet. I get to see you genuinely happy."

Hyunjin paused and took off his wedding ring, placing it on Minho's palm. "I'm fine but I hope you won't forget me as I won't ever sacrifice anything even my own life for our shared memories and you."

"Thank you, Yeobo."