Chapter Four - Festival

"Are you mad at me?" Hyunjin asked, poking Minho's cheek while they both sat on top of the bed. "Hyung. Yeobo." Minho scoffed and crossed his arms, ignoring his husband. "I'm sorry If I made you upset, Minho." Hyunjin muttered, looking down on his lap. "I'm not upset, I'm just..." Minho stopped himself from saying something he would probably regret in the future. "Just?" Hyunjin raised his head and tilted it to the side, looking at Minho with his big glossy eyes. "Just.. pretending! You know how jealous I can be and I want this act to be perfect so I pretended to get mad." Hyunjin hummed. Minho knew he kind of ruined Hyunjin's mood. "Right. I have to finish my painting."

Just as Hyunjin said, Minho didn't see him until it was time for dinner. Hyunjin was definitely giving him the silent treatment. "Yeobo, I made snacks for us to eat. What do you want to watch tonight?" Hyunjin just shook his head and continues to paint. Minho peeked behind Hyunjin and saw his husband's painting coming together. "Is that us?" Minho asked, placing his palms on his husband's shoulders. "Mhm. Isn't it pretty?" Hyunjin turned his head to look at Minho with a bright smile on his face. "Yeah. Are you sure you don't want some snacks? What about movie night?"

"We don't have time left. I have to finish this."

Minho is alone in their shared room again. What is happening? Why is Hyunjin making him nervous for some reason? If they divorce that doesn't mean they'll never see each other again, right?

Hours and hours of thinking and Minho still can't think of a reason why he still thinks and care for hyunjin. He doesn't love him anymore and he was so sure of it. But why? Why doesn't he pick up Jisung's calls? Why is he so bothered by the fact that Changbin calls Hyunjin almost every two minutes.

Minho decided to go down out of boredom and didn't see Hyunjin anywhere instead he saw tons of petals on the floor. Color red as blood. "Hyunjin?" He called out, checking everywhere but no sign of his husband. Did Hyunjin run away? Furious, Minho slammed the front door open to search for his husband who he thought ran away from signing the papers. "HWANG HYUNJIN!?"

On the other hand, Hyunjin sat on the sand looking at the waves under the moon. His surroundings covered in petals. Healthy petals. "I'm running out of time." He muttered to himself, feeling his heart getting stabbed a million times.

Hyunjin's condition is getting worse. No, It's not because of Minho's love but it's because of his emotions. The strong emotions he chose to exchange for physical pain. The more Hyunjin feels like Minho doesn't love him anymore, the more he is in pain. It's his emotions that is paining him.

"Hyunjin! YA!" Minho ran towards Hyunjin and glared at his husband. "Why did you run away!?" Hyunjin blinked and stared at his husband's furious eyes. "I didn't..." Is he worried? Hyunjin suddenly felt relieved as the pain slowly disappeared. "What about the papers!?"

One.

Two.

Three.

Three big coughs. Hyunjin could feel the thorns snaking up his throat in a span of seconds. Unable to speak, Hyunjin shook his head and pushed Minho away. "Ya!" Minho tried to shake Hyunjin's body but the younger crawled away from him. Unable to feel anything but pain, he couldn't cry because of a broken heart.

The next day, Hyunjin woke up on their bed. The last he remembered was the waves. "You're awake. I made you porridge." Minho was calm and soft. Hyunjin looked up at his husband and touched his throat. "Hyung?" He can talk again. What happened when he passed out? "If you're done eating, come and meet me downstairs. You want to see me dance right?"

Last night, Hyunjin passed out on the sand freaking out Minho but after hearing his little snores, Minho couldn't help but chuckle. "You're so annoying." He grumbled before lifting up his husband back to their escape house, placing Hyunjin carefully on the couch so he could clean him up.

Minho went in the kitchen to fill the basin up with warm water when he saw a small note stuck on the counter. Hyunjin must've wrote it.

Things to do:
-Movie night.
-Eat lunch outside.
-Express Gratitude.
-See Minho dance.
-Hold Hands.
-Piggyback ride.
-Nap with Minho near the sea.
-Watch the sunset with Minho from the balcony.
-Give Minho his gift.
-Sign the divorce papers.

"His happiness is too simple." Minho laughed and place the note back where he saw it pretending as if he didn't see any of it.

Hyunjin took a sip from the porridge and hid his smile. As expected, his husband makes the best porridge. "Hyung." Minho stopped from walking out and turned to look at Hyunjin. "Thank you for the porridge and for taking care of me whenever I need it." Minho just smiled and nodded.

Two hours later, the couple have finally arrived to the festival of Jeju. All the grandmas and grandpas are celebrating by taking out homemade foods from their homes and placing it on a huge table where everyone could eat and enjoy the day. Folk dancers and Hiphop dancers are performing everywhere.

"It's like a party but on the streets!" Hyunjin jumped excitedly and looked around, running towards his favorite- their favorite pudding stall. "Hyung! They have strawberry flavored pudding- I haven't tried that yet." Minho silently paid the vendor enough for every pudding he is selling. "Dear, eat as much as you can okay? You'll have to wait for a year for this event to come back again. Young man, you don't have to pay. Your friend is so cute, I couldn't accept any money to see him this happy." Minho pursed his lips and took his money back. "I'm sorry sir, thank you." Hyunjin has already finished three puddings shocking Minho. "Ya.. slow down."

"It's so yummy!" Hyunjin gave Minho a cup and the vendor one too. "Lee Hyunjin, are you the owner of this stall? Why are you giving as if it's your own-"

"It's fine, young man. Enjoy yourselves." The vendor chuckled, handing water to Hyunjin who is opening his 5th cup. "Aigoo. Slow down, it's not gonna run away."

Hyunjin eventually stopped at his 16th cup and patted his tummy. "Woo! That was so good. Thank you Ahjussi!" Hyunjin chirped and faced Minho who is still eating his second cup. "You can't walk anymore can you?" Hyunjin pouted and looked down on his shoes, clasping his hands together. "Fine fine. Let's go and sit close to the stage, if it's available, I'll dance. Get on."

Minho squatted infront of Hyunjin facing the other way, telling Hyunjin to get on his back. The vendor smiled at how cute the young couple is and took a photo of them but before he could give the polaroid to them, Hyunjin and Minho already got lost in the crowd.

"Hyung! It's available!" Hyunjin pointed at the empty stage. Maybe because its almost dark and the dancers are taking a break for their last performances. "Wait here." Minho placed Hyunjin down to sit on the front row where he could see the stage clearly.

After a few minuets of waiting, Hyunjin took his phone out and flipped the camera getting ready to film his husband dance just for him.

Song; Finesse

It was only for two minutes but it made Hyunjin so happy. His eyesmile didn't disappear even after the festival. Hyunjin was replaying the video he took for hours. "Are you that amused and happy?" Minho asked Hyunjin. They are sitting on the sand, watching the waves once again. But this time, lights filled the beach because of the festival. "Hyung. Did you know? I had a crush on you back when I was freshman because of the way you dance?" Minho laughed and flicked Hyunjin's forehead. "Of course I knew! You literally stared at me everytime I move. Even though you were so quiet, you were so loud with your eyes cheering for me."

"Yes. It's a miracle you noticed me." Hyunjin smiled and scooted closer to Minho, clinging his arm around his husband's and rests his head on Minho's shoulder. "I have so many things I have to be thankful but so little time." Hyunjin whispered. Again, Minho felt that uneasiness. What the heck is that?

Myungsoo straightened his back and looked at his Grandpa with more curiosity. "How did the 'uneasiness' feel, Grandpa?" Minho hummed as he rubbed his chin, rocking his chair slowly. "Here like this." Minho took the apple from the fruit basket on the coffee table and held it with one hand. "Myungsoo-ah. If our heart is this apple and I squeeze it just slightly like this-" Myungsoo whined and took the apple from Minho's grasp and hugged it. "No Grandpa! You can't hurt this heart!"

"That's what I was feeling that time. Like someone was squeezing my heart very slightly."