Chapter Two - Jeju

The couple unpacked their bags as soon as they step foot in their home in Jeju. Hyunjin smiled brightly after seeing the place he treasures the most. "Yeobo, I'll arrange our things upstairs." Minho said, acting- pretending like they are still in the peak of their marriage. "Okay." Hyunjin gulped when Minho pressed his lips on his forehead. For once in six months, he felt like he could breathe. "Thank you." Hyunjin muttered. "For doing this." Minho smiled and patted Hyunjin's head. "As long as you keep your words."

The younger walked out in the balcony where he would usually go to calm himself down. Fresh breeze, the sound of the ocean, the bird chirping. It was like a fairytale. A dream. "Hyunjin-ah." Minho called out but it was like Hyunjin couldn't hear him. Is he too far away? "Hyunjin?" Minho called out again, walking closer but this time the said boy heard him. "Hyung. I'm sorry, the air was blocking my hearing." Minho could tell how nervous his husband is. They spent time together for 11 years. "It's okay. It's been a while huh?" Minho asked, contemplating wether he should hug Hyunjin or not, in the end, he wrapped his arms around the boy's slim waist and as expected Hyunjin relaxed on Minho's chest.

Maybe it was Minho's imagination but he felt Hyunjin's body has gotten smaller, thinner, more fragile than it once was. "Let's get us something to eat. You're getting thin." Minho suggested, letting go of Hyunjin's waist and dragged him to the kitchen. "You're going to be my assistant chef today, Yeobo." Hyunjin giggled and nodded, admiring his husband from time to time especially when Minho isn't looking.

"For today's menu, Sweet ribs and boiled asparagus!" Hyunjin quickly ran to the fridge to unfreeze the ribs and take the asparagus out. "I'll cut the asparagus, hyung!" Minho gave Hyunjin a thumbs up and smiled. "Cut it in half slightly tilted okay? The end has to be sharp. And be careful with the knife, Jinnie." Hyunjin hummed in response and took the asparagus, placing it on the chopping board before holding a sharp knife. "Am I doing this right, chef?" Hyunjin asked Minho who just finished heating up the pan. "Let me see. Hm.. yes but maybe a little more diagonal. Here, let me show you."

Minho stood behind Hyunjin and held both his hands, guiding his husband with cutting the asparagus the way he wanted to. "Like this, see?" Hyunjin pursed his lips as was being guided. How long has it been since he felt this comfortable around his husband? He can't remember. Even if they are just acting, Hyunjin felt it. Hyunjin felt like he is still the one Minho loves the most. However, all feelings must come to an end.

Ring ring

"I'll just get this." Hyunjin slightly smiled and looked at Minho's back walking away from him. Slowly losing sight of him. "Ouch.." Hyunjin hissed and placed his knife down watching small droplets of blood turn into petals but this time it was a slow process.

"Jisung-ah, I promise it's going to perfect after 10 days. He agreed." Minho explained to his lover slash secretary Jisung.

"Hyunjin-ah? Sorry, I was taking a call from work- what happened?" Hyunjin shook his head and hid his hand from Minho. "I just cut myself, I'll clean it up." In the eyes of Minho, it was still blood and not petals. "Let me help you." And so he did.

Hyunjin watched how Minho delicately treated his small cut. "Pfft." Hyunjin stopped himself from laughing. He remembered Minho panicking about a papercut back when they were still in college. "You haven't changed a bit." Minho puckered his lips and rolled his eyes. "You didn't either. You're still a clumsy one." Hyunjin smiled with eyes. "You're right."

When they finished cooking their food it was already 3 pm. Hyunjin sets up the coffee table since they usually watch Netflix when eating together like a movie date. "Here comes the food! Careful, Jinnie. It's hot." Minho placed the plate on the center of the coffee table and distributed their plates and utensils. "Rock paper scissors for who chooses the movie?"

"Rock paper scissors shoot!"

In the end, Minho choose Big Hero 6.

Night came and they dishes are already washed and dried. Minho wiped his hands dry and walked around their home. He originally bought it for Hyunjin but now he feels guilty for taking it away when their divorce is finalized since Jisung took a liking on this place too.

Hyunjin on the other hand sat right infront of his easel and continued painting his unfinished masterpiece. "You're drawing the ocean?" Hyunjin looked back at Minho and smiled. "Yes. I forgot I left this here. I haven't got to finish it." Minho sat beside his husband and watched him paint. The older noticed how Hyunjin placed the palette on his lap when he usually holds it up. Is his wound still hurting? He wanted to ask but he doesn't want Hyunjin to feel like his feelings is genuine. They are pretending to be okay. It's not real. Right?

"I'll get you something to drink." Hyunjin thanked Minho and made sure his husband left him before raising his hand with visible vines acting like veins under his skin. "9 more days."

"Here. I made you hot cocoa with 5 marshmallows on top. Just the way you like it." Hyunjin took the cup from Minho's hand and warmed his palms with it. "I'll enjoy it well, hyung." Minho ruffled Hyunjin's hair and went up to their shared bedroom where he sets up a video call with his secretary.

Hyunjin isn't even halfway through the painting but you can see how beautiful it is. After feeling the vibrations on his thigh, he fished out his phone and read Changbin's mail for him.

From; Binnie
To; Hyunjin

Hanahaki is your disease, Hyunjin. We can get it removed as soon as possible. Meet up with me?

Hyunjin looked up at the door of their shared bedroom then back down at his phone screen. He knows there's a cure but the side effects is worse than death itself.

To; Binnie
From; Hyunjin

I am fine. I know there's a cure but I won't do it.

It wasn't even a minute when a call came in. It was Changbin ringing him. "Hello?" Hyunjin answered. The other line was silent but he could feel Changbin breathing. "Please take the cure, Hyunjin-ah." Is he crying? Hyunjin's eye glossed just by hearing his dearest friend cry for him. "I can't. I don't want to forget him and everything we've been through. I don't want him to feel pain when we meet and I don't recognize him." Hyunjin looked up to stop his tears from falling down but it was impossible. "I don't understand why you're choosing to be in pain for this motherfucker. He is with someone while he's married to you, Hyunjin-ah. Please wake up!" Changbin tried his best not to yell at his friend but he knows Hyunjin. He knows that Hyunjin sticks to his decisions no matter what. "Thank you, Binnie. For staying with me until the end."

"Was that Changbin?" Hyunjin immediately stood up when he heard Minho's voice from behind. "You.. since when were you standing there?" Minho frowned and raised his glass of water. "Just now? I was thirsty."

"So.. you and Changbin?"