-37- Suffer

"Rose Evelyn Juliette Diaz

"Rose Evelyn Juliette Diaz. More commonly known as Juliette Nelson, daughter of Arthur Nelson. Am I correct?"

I say nothing. Nothing but silence.

"That was until you and your mother faked your deaths, setting ur barn on fire and ran to the Australian country side, the little sage house you lived in until you were 14, your mother Cecilia Nelson overdosed leaving you without a parent. No one to look after poor little Juliette."

More silence.

What is he talking about?

"You tried to contact your father but you were unsuccessful. You did however manage to make a public call to a number well known as his, leading us directly too you."

"But-

"Uh uh! I'm not finished yet sweetheart. Once we had traced the phone call and made it to your property we found nothing but flames. An attempt to cover your tracks I assume, the only thing you're useless father taught you."

That was true. Useless bag of-

"From there you changed your name, Rose, Your mother's favourite flower. Our tracks were foggy until a couple months prior, you were spotted working at a club, Ace's club. 
So my question to you, dear, how did you end up from a broke little farm girl orphan to working for one of the most feared, richest men on the globe."

I wait a moment, thinking he could possibly continue his monologue as I ponder his words letting it all sink in.

"He hired me." I come up with
"Ace?"
"Mhmm" I nod. I put on a confident mask and mock the man's posture, standing straight with my hands clasped behind my back.
"I was his spy, I would give people dances and take their most valued possessions, their identities."

This was partially true.

"I was at the top...

...Until my father stepped in."

"Arthur. What did he do?"
"My father ruined everything. I was so close to the top, he came along and stomped on everything. He revealed my true identity, my past, my lies. Everything. Ace got a new right hand man and I was stuck back at the bottom yet again."

"I see."

He's convinced.

"Then why was it that you were sleeping in his penthouse? Scummy bottoms don't usually sleep with the kings, do they sweetheart?"

Shit. Not convinced.
I don't let my panic show, I need to think fast.

"He was in love with me!" I blurt.
"Couldn't help himself."
"I see, so you are of great fortune to him?"
"I guess so?"

A wicked grin covers the man's face from ear to ear. I fear I've fucked something up.
"You are his love. His Amore. Shame if something were to happen to you huh? I believe he would be very pissed off to find your head on his door step."

"Wha- my head??"
His words shock me, would he really do that just to get revenge on Ace? What did Ace ever do to him?

"Unless of course you could help me out?"
I've got a feeling this isn't going to be good.
"What do you need?"
"Ace owes me a great fortune, he's taken so much from me but now I think it is him who shall suffer."
"Suffer?" I can barely grasp the words. He doesn't deserve to suffer. No one does.

"Boys." He commands.

Two men appear from no-where and grab me at the elbows, they lift me in the air before I have the chance to resist. My legs kick as I scream to be freed.

"HEY! PUT ME DOWN!"

They don't listen. They continue to carry me though a hallway, down a flight of stairs, though another hall way, another flight of stairs...

A hallway...

A...

Flight of...

Stairs...

***

I wake up to the faint sound of dripping, I'm met by an extreme chill and hard, cold concrete floors. As I blink my eyes I try to adjust to the dull darkness of nothing. I can barely see two feet ahead of myself.

As I stand I realise my feet are bare, stripped of their coverings, my toes curl and the frost of the concrete as a shiver runs down my spine.
So cold.

I stumble around with my arms out in front of me, hoping to gage some kind of knowledge as to where I am, what the situation is.

Maybe I can find a window? An exit? Something??

Drip drip drip

Where is the water coming from?

Where's the light?

Where am I?

Drip drip drip

"H-hello????" I call out.
"MI AMORE!!! FOLLOW MY VOICE!!"

Ace!

Ace will save me. Everything will be alright.

***

Not edited

Thank you for all the support I love you all!!! Your votes and comments mean the world too me also sorry not sorry for the constant cliff hangers :)
-L