-14- Tobias

After the last attack

After the last attack. I've always had a backup plan. Always been prepared. I'm not letting him hurt Cameron EVER again. Ace hurt Cameron. Ace kills people, his job is too kill people and what's wrong with that, right? EVERYTHING!!!! What the fuck.

This guy thinks he owns me. This psycho thinks he has some kind of ownership over me. This complete stranger who I met only a month ago, who has kidnapped me twice has convinced himself he has some kind of claim on me, that I am his.

He's got another thing coming.

He's got another thing coming if he thinks that I am his!!! This whole situation is ridiculous!
The fact that I'm in a literal getaway car is ridiculous!!!

"Everything ok Miss?" A voice says from beside me. "Everything is grand Tobias." My tone dripping with frustration and anger, tips him more to the side where everything is in fact not grand. He glares at me momentarily before returning his eyes back to the road, constantly checking his mirrors.

I met Tobias when I was in Australia with Cameron. He has taught me self defence, took me and Cam through several different bases and weapons. Ever since then he just happened to be in the right place at the right time. We knew he was coming to New york, I didn't think he meant this soon though. In Australia we had gotten some teenie tiny trackers and I had one on my shoe and inside my bra wire, for precaution, the only people who have access to them are him and Cameron. That way, we are prepared if Ace comes for me again.

"Do you have anything in this car? You know... just incase?"
"Glove box, if you want something more extreme though, I'll have to pull over."
Opening the glove box I find a couple of knifes and guns stored. I take a solid looking gun to stash in my waist band. Not that there is much of a band to hold it.
"Good choice. Solid fire on that one. Only 5 in the barrel though, so not great for... larger occasions."

"I need some clothes."
"Would you like me to take you home?" He questions. Home. His building. The cameras everywhere, he'd know I was there right away.
"Too risky. Where's the closest shop?"
"About half an hour north." He suggests
"Otherwise there is another closer to my place but it's a longer wait, safer." His reasoning makes sense. Further is better, less chance of seeing him.

Or him seeing me.

"I'll wait. Less risks the better, thank you Tobias ."
"Not a problem Miss."

***

"How's this?" He holds up a grey pleated skirt with a elastic waist band.
"Perfect, You have great taste."
"Learned from the best" he winks. Even though I've only know Tobias for a few days it feels like forever, our bond grew so quickly. I'm glad I have someone to protect me.
"Right, the skirt with this??" I hold up a white knit sweater that's slightly baggy.
"Sounds like a plan." He holds the two together and nods.

"We should get going, they could be here already." He turns back to his professional self, looking around. Before guiding us to to register where I realise I don't have any money on me.
"Hey, don't stress. I got it." Tapping his card with the most sincere smile on his face.

Tobias has the most stunning smile. It's like when you step into the sun after being in the freezing cold. His smile makes me forget all the bad things that are going on right now. When he laughs I melt a little inside. But just as quick as the smile appears it's gone again, his serious work face in its place as he ushers me out of the shops.

"Thank you. For everything."
"You are most definitely welcome Rose." He places his hand on my shoulder.
"Let's get out of here." He says opening the passenger side door for me before rushing around to the drivers side.

"I'm so glad that I decided to come to New York earlier than planned. I don't know what I would've done if I found out you were there with him and I was still in Sydney."
"Why were you in that area any way? What's even out there."
"Not much really mostly a heap of nothing, I was just going for a drive to uh clear my head."
"An hour away from your house???"
"My head was very unclear." He gets all defensive. Like he's hiding something, but I decide it's best not to poke the bear anymore than I already have.

We arrive at his place and my god it's gorgeous. A modern style, kind of blocky place with fern and dark trees lining the edges. Lots of windows and different shades of grey, very Tobias.

***

"Wow." Tobias gaped as I did a twirl.
"You're stunning." His eyes traveled up and down my body taking in the outfit we'd put together.
"You have to remind me to pay you back for this!" I don't even want to begin to think how much this cost him, I won't even let Cameron buy me lunch. Holy shit, Cameron.

"Tobias!?" I panic and begin pacing. We left Cameron behind. What if Ace finds him. He could get hurt, Ace could kill him!!!
"What?!" His face fills with concern "What is it?!"
"Cam! We left fucking Cameron. I'm so stupid how could I forget about my best friend?!"
"You aren't stupid, I'll have someone find him. Maybe he can bring more of your things. It's safer here anyway."
"You're too kind." I wrap my arms around him in a big hug. "I hope I'm not too much of a burden..."
"Never." He assured me with one of his signature smiles.

"I've got something for you" handing me a box the smile never leaves his face.
"What for?"
"You'll see."
Undoing the bow on top my confusion slowly fades as I reveal a garter belt holding a knife that's perfectly snug.

"I know you preferred the knife over the gun so I though this way you would have somewhere to put it, you know, just incase." He smiles.
Taking it out I slide it on under my skirt where it fits perfectly. Having this takes away the weight of carrying a gun that I hardly know how to use, at-least I have a bit more practice with a blade.

"Thank you!" I embrace him in yet another hug, his arms wrap around my waist holding on tight keeping me there for just a few more seconds before pulling away.
"You shouldn't have to use it here, but it's always good to have on you. We never know if he will attack again."
"Maybe we could fake my death? Something super dramatic like I got blown up in a car crash then he might leave me the fuck alone."

"I get that you're scared Rose, it's a lot of effort to fake a death. All the records, the details - backstory and what not. Even if we did do that it will take more than a few days and I fear that's all we will have before our location is compromised. Ace is a very powerful man, far more powerful than me and he won't stop until he gets what he wants." Realisation hits me like a bus, this could go on forever, I could spend the rest of my life running away from that prick.

Tears blur my vision, this is my life now. Forever running.

I feel like I'm drowning.

***
Not edited
Thank you so much for all the love and support, I'm trying to write updates more often but struggling with ideas to put between main plot lines.
Luv you <3