Thorfinn picked up their blanket and walked out, hearing the men talk as they left. "They're always lookin' down on us." One muttered. "Forget them. Their still boys." Another countered. "Get on with it!" Another man yelled. Bo scowled. 'Disgusting'

The twins walked past the men celebrating, trying to ignore the loud yelling. The twins walked up the hill behind the village for some quiet. Bo saw Thorfinn shivering so he gave the blanket to Thorfinn, Bo could handle the chilled breeze. When they got atop the hill Thorfinn sighed in relief, and Bo was honestly feeling the same. He was glad to be away from people, away from screaming, yelling, just away from everything. Glad to just have his brother.

With the quiet Bo had time to think. 'My dream. That wasn't my home in Iceland. Where was that?'

Maybe on the hill Bo could try forget his sour mood and rewatching his father die again. "You're up early boys. Not even sunrise yet." And the back mood is back.

Both boys looked over at Askeladd who was sitting on a broken pillar, "Too noisy down there to sleep? Forgive them, boys." As if on cue, laughter roared from the raided village. "All this marching around has them on edge. Sometimes you've got to let them blow off a little steam."

Why was he talking to them like they were long time friends? Like the brothers weren't trying to actively kill the man in front of them, like there was nothing wrong?

"Don't talk to us like that." Bo spat after a moment. "I think you people have been getting the wrong idea lately. We're not one of you." Bo told him, cocking his head to the side.

"You think you're being the clever manipulator, tricking us into doing your work. Keep thinking that. The day is coming when I slit your throat." Thorfinn threatened with a dangerous smile.

"Hah. Scary." Askeladd mocked. "The little dumpling's old enough to give me the stink eye." He turned away from them, getting serious. "You're young. You'll grow up, and I'll grow old. Someday, you'll likely beat me."

Neither Bo or Thorfinn said a thing, silently observing the Viking leader. 'Old my ass, he's still as limber as everyone else.' Bo thought with a huff.

"It's only natural. Even the strongest man must die. Look around you Bo, Thorfinn." Bo looked around and saw many pillars laying on the ground, broken in half, or standing crooked. It was amzing architecture with beautiful carving at the top.

"These stones were not carved by Saxons who live in England now. It was the people who came before them." Askeladd stood up walking to a lopsided pillar. "They were mighty folk. But the Saxons wiped them out five centuries ago. They were the Romans. And this was known as 'Britannia.'" Askeladd informed them.

He bent down to pick something up then tossing at Thorfinn, who caught it. He inspected the object, moving his arm so his brother could see it too. A coin. It was old and rusted. The words on it was in another language, but even if he could understand what was on it, it was so deteriorated that you wouldn't be able to read it.

"They had an advanced civilization. Much more advanced than any today." Bo didn't care about the history lesson, he wasn't in the mood for it.

Thorfinn tossed the coin aside. "You're going in circles. What's your point." He said annoyed.

"What am impatient lad you are. You should listen to your elders. Look, my point is, the world of man is slowly but surely, growing old." He spoke seriously again, the sun beginning to rise.

"The Saxons wiped out the Roman's, and we're here to put an end to the Saxons. The glory of the Romain Empire is a relic of the distant past. If you believe what the Christians say, the Final Judgement is coming in just twenty years. When that day comes, God will kil all the humans and the world we know will cease to be." The rising sun felt nice on Bo's cold skin.