Chapter 7

Three months later, I was starting to realize that my brother was not kidding when it came to rules. My bottom had suffered many times due to my smart ass mouth.
Kylie and I were at her house studying for a test in spelling that was coming up, but we were to wired to study.
"Soo who do you have a crush on, and why?" Kylie asked me, shutting her spelling book.
I nibbled on the end of my pencil thinking.

"Well if I had to name one boy, it would be Aaron." I said, picturing the tall boy with long blonde hair and very odd color of eyes, one eye was blue and the other was green.

Kylie looked at me with her mouth wide open with a shocked expression on her face. "He seems wierd, why would you pick him?"

I shrugged my shoulders, "I think he is cute and I like wierd, normal to me is boring."

Kylie shook her head at me, "I think you're wierd, Heather."

I threw her bed pillow at her, and laughed when it hit her in the head, messing up her hair. She grabbed another pillow and we ended up in a pillow fight, we kept swinging the pillow at eachother, we ducked and ran around the room, trying not to get hit by a flying pillow, then we heard a CRASH. We both stopped throwing pillows and looked at the antique lamp, that was shattered on the floor, oh shit, was my first thought. Hopefully Brandon didn't hear that, As we looked at the lamp, trying to figure out what to do. We heard footsteps marching up the stairs, we scrambled about and laid on Kylie's bed, opened our spelling books and acted like we had been studying for hours. I felt my pulse race, I looked up at Kylie, she had the same scared look on her face.
"Don't rat on me, Kylie...please." I whispered to her.
"Don't rat on me, Heather....please." she whispered back to me.
We both said we wouldn't as her brother walked into the room, we kept our eyes in our spelling books.

"Girls? What was that sound?" then seeing the broken lamp on the floor, he got furious. "Kylie! Heather! What happened?"

We both looked at the floor shocked, just like we were now aware of it. Brandon crossed his arms in front of him.

"You can't tell me, you didn't know it was broken. Who did it?"

Kylie and I looked at eachother and shrugged. Brandon looked from me back to her. "Well who broke the lamp? Speak up."
Kylie, was it you? Heather, was it you?"

We both really didn't know who did it, so we didn't know how to answer.

"I'm losing my patience," Brandon said glaring at us.

"Brandon, we didn't do it." Kylie said looking her brother dead in the eye.

"You're telling me, that the lamp fell off that table, by itself? Seriously? Kylie?"

Kylie shrugged, which made Brandon even more mad. He dialed a phone number on his phone.

"Hi, Jason, I got a problem involving your sister. I need to sort this out, but they both won't admit to it, could you come over? Ok, see ya in a bit."

He hung up his cellphone and looked at us. "If one of you doesn't fess up. It's going to get very unpleasant for BOTH of you."

I groaned inwardly knowing that Jason was on his way over. I was more then dead, I could easily say that Kylie did it and get out of it, but what kind of friend, would I be. Saving my own butt, but at the expense of hers, nope I was not going to let her take the fall for it.

Jason walked into Kylie's room, no doubt he had came through their back door, and ran up the stairs and he looked mad.

"Heather!! What the hell?" he asked arching his eyebrow in my direction, when he saw the broken lamp on the floor.