Chapter 4

Jason left me alone for the next 2 days, but he stuck to me being grounded. Part of being grounded I had to work on the school work packet. To my disgust, I worked on it, just to get Jason off my case. Kylie, wasn't allowed to come over and it was getting on my last nerve.
Jason also to my dislike had a girlfriend, and she and I did not get along. Not sure on my part why, since I'm a pretty easy person to get along with. Something was wrong with her.
I walked down to the kitchen to get a snack and had to walk past the living room where Jason and his girlfriend, Kelly were making out on the sofa. Gross! There went my appetite.
I stood there a minute waiting to see if I would get noticed.
God they were kissing each others face off, were they ever going to come up for a breath?
Kelly was the one that realized they had an audience, she stopped kissing my brother and glared at me, I glared back at her.
She pointed one of her perfectly manicured fingers at me.
"Why are staring at us?"

"I was making sure your ok, and were going to live. Or was my brother giving you mouth to mouth cpr? Because it didn't look like neither of you were breathing."

"Heather..." Jason said in a warning tone.

"I'm going. I'm going." I cut him off before I had to hear anymore. "Thanks to you guys I'm not hungry anymore." I started heading for the stairs before my bother could start scolding me.
I looked back and they had resumed where they left off, unbelievable. I shook my head going up to my room.
I found out I had a text message from Kylie, on my phone that I had been grounded from. I took it back from my brothers dresser drawer, where he had put it. He would never know, he was to busy kissing Kelly's face off.

Kylie: Heather? You there?
Heather?

Heather: Yeah

Kylie: What took you so long to answer me? I instant messaged you two days ago.

Heather: Jason took my phone, said I was grounded.

Kylie: He gave you back your phone?

Heather: No, I took it back.

Kylie: Took it? OMG, Seriously?

Heather: yep

Kylie: You're gonna get caught.

Heather: What, and he'll just take it from me again? That's fine. I can play that game.

Kylie: Yeah ok if you think so. I miss you so much. School is just not the same!

Heather: What, you mean you miss my saucey attitude. Telling the teacher off.

Kylie: Well maybe not that! But just being here. I can't even talk to you. I called your house yesterday and James answered, but when I asked for you and thought I was going to talk to you, Jason got on the phone and said you were grounded until you change your attitude.

I growled under my breath hearing that. What the hell was wrong with him forbidding me to talk to my friends. He had no say over what I did. No one does.

Heather: Kylie, What are you doing right now?

Kylie: Nothing, I'm bored.

Without giving a minute of thought I text back.

"I'm coming over!"

Kylie the most sensible of us two, was shocked. She tried without success to get me to change my mind. I pulled my hair into a ponytail, shut my door quietly, opened my window. Grabbed onto the tree branch near my window and hoisted myself into the tree. I stopped for a minute listening and getting my heart beat under control.
I climbed down from branch to branch until I reached the ground.
I looked at the house for some type of movement by the windows.
Let out a breath of relief not seeing any and sprinted off in the direction of Kylie's house feeling the freedom.