XLV

''So, tell me about your love life. A handsome boy like you must have found someone. Tell mama everything, come on.'' she said, patting Louis' knee, who groaned, chuckling a bit.

''There is someone...Harry.'' Louis said, biting his inner cheek, as he watched his sisters, that had fallen asleep on the other couch. Bless them.

''Pretty name.'' Jay commented.

''Well, pretty boy.''

''No, Zayn, let me down, stop!'' Harry's yelling was heard from the other side of the door along with his giggles. The door opened with Zayn giving Harry a piggy ride and both of their eyes widened when they saw Louis' mum and the two kids on the couch. The younger boy climbed off his back and titled his head at Louis, as if he was asking for an answer.

''Aren't you his douche roommate?'' Jay asked, getting up.

''I prefer Zayn, but yeah.'' Zayn offered her his hand, that she took, squeezing it a bit too tight.

''Zayn is nice, now. We like Zayn.'' Louis said, walking behind Harry and placed his hands on his shoulder, rubbing them softly.

''Mum, this is Harry.'' he introduced them and Harry blushed wrapping his arms around her and she hesitated, before placing her palms on his back.

''It's so nice to meet you. I've heard so many things about you.'' he said and she finally pressed the younger boy closer to her body.

''Good things, I hope.'' she smiled.

''Always.''

''I like him already. Good choice, Louis.'' his mother smiled at her son, with her hand on Harry's arm.

Louis simply smiled, nodding.

*

''How did you two meet?'' Jay asked, poking Harry's side, who smiled, stirring something in the kitchen.

''Nothing very special. Just hung out for a while and then started dating.'' Harry shrugged biting his bottom lip.

''Louis seems so happy to be with you. Looks more peaceful, you know? He always had this anger inside him, with well, Zayn, Liam, many people. I always thought it was my fault. Maybe it was. But now he looks so... content? With himself? I don't know...healthier, happier for sure. Must have quit that smoking of his, right?'' she asked.

Liam?

''He's really trying, you know? He was all like 'this was a childish thing I did back then and I'm gonna be a graduate soon. Me and my lungs are getting older, can't have me dying at forty, can we?' and he's been trying for a whole week now, which doesn't seem like a lot, but the start is always the hardest.'' Harry replied with a smile, as he poured the hot water in the sink and out of the pot with the spaghettis.

''He's a nice kid. He just never dealt with showing his emotions properly, got that from me, but it's clear that he loves you.'' she squeezed his shoulder, continuing to cut the lettuce and Harry nodded, a small smile on his lips.

''I know. He's-'' Harry was cut off by the twins starting to run in the kitchen.

''Hi, food is gonna be ready in a few. No running in the kitchen.'' Jay said, gently pushing them out and the whined Harry's name.

''You heard your mum.'' he shrugged with a playful smile on his lips.

''I told you guys about how mean Harry gets in the kitchen. Run!'' Louis emerged in the room and the twins let out a high-pinched scream, running around.

''Not true, at all.'' the younger boy frowned.

''Come on girls, stop bothering Harry, who is being nice enough to cook for us. Let's go.'' Jay pushed the girls gently outside.

''They are all of them so lovely.'' Harry smiled, wrapping his arms around Louis' neck.

''Baby, you don't have to lie. They are a handful and we are missing two.'' Louis said, his lips against Harry's cheek, soft and warm, making Harry's whole existence feel dizzy.

''Shut it! They are all so lovely, stop!'' Harry chuckled, slapping his chest lightly.

''I won't love you any less, if you say you hate them.''

''Stop!'' Harry laughed.

''My mum is a bit pushy, isn't she?''

''You are too pushy. I like them. I love them more than my family. I love them more than you. I love them more than anything, okay? Are you convinced, now?'' Harry said, kissing the older man, who smiled in the kiss.

''You love me, mhm?'' Louis smirked.

''No, I lied. I hate you.''

''How dare you?'' Louis gasped, pulling Harry in a headlock.

''Louis! Get out of my kitchen! You'll get my food burnt.'' Harry laughed.

''I said you get mean about your kitchen.'' Louis sing-sang, walking out of the room and Harry giggled.

*

''No, mum.'' Louis groaned.

''I was just saying, Lou.''

''No, mum, I really fucking love Harry. You said you liked him.''

''I do and that's why I am just making sure. What if you do not know what you want from him?''

''You're right. I don't know what I want from him because for once I don't think about what I have to gain from him, but what I want for him and I want the best for him and that's what I am trying to be! For him!'' Louis yelled at him mother and turned to look at the door, where Harry was standing confused.

*

A/N THANK U FOR 3.7K. PLS VOTE/COMMENT/ADD TO READING LISTS AND SHARE. IT WILL MEAN EVERYTHING. I LOVE YOU!!