Journey's end. . .Part 7

As I walk down the path, I try to better understand the feelings of each of the cast members. The diva.. the twins.. the dancing partners, the blue haired man.. the hanging man and chairman... all of them. What were they thinking when with each other? What were their lives like before this? How did they get here? What caused them such sadness? I thought of these things as I clenched the scroll in my hand tighter. Why were they so sad? I try to picture each of them as normal people like me, who they were before who they are now, IF they even were different then. I push these thoughts out of my mind
and look at each lantern I pass by. Slowly I begin to think again about them again. Why had it been me?... Then I remember diva's message to me, that I was the only one who could understand. But, I don't understand. What am I understanding? Who they are? Or... perhaps, why they exist? What am I trying to understand, and why did she think I could? As I continue walking, I notice a path layed out between a field not so far away. Ah.... so, this shall be the end if my journey? I turn and look back once more. Goodbye... I walk out of the forest and begin on the trail. I came to a realization: why is the path here, rather than on the other side of the forest like it's always been? I look back again, and then try to make out more of the scenery around me underneath the moonlight. That's right... It's still dark out. It almost feels as if time had stopped while I was at the circus. I stare up at the moon as unreasonable tears filled my eyes. The pain of.... the pain they must of went through.. I wipe my eyes and start my feet back up to a paced walk. I need to go. I have people waiting for me at the end of this journey, after all. A world I must return to. I walk further and further and before long, reach the sidewalk that leads into the city, where I can return home. I continue walking, forcing my legs to move until I can reach my destination. Home.