The Circus. . . Part 4

As I continue walking, I try to force myself to think of this as an adventure, a surreal adventure traveling in mysterious woods. Sadly, my attempt failed, and only made me feel worse. Where am I going? What am I doing? I stop for a moment as tears build up in my eyes. Have I done something wrong? No, nothing wrong. You're here to see the circus.

. . .

I'm here for.. A circus?
What?
. . .

What?
I thought for a moment to what just went through my mind. I wasn't here for a circus. Was I? No, that's not right. I haven't been to a circus since I was just a young child. And no regular circus would be in the woods, right? I brush off my random thoughts and continue walking. Suddenly I felt a crunch underneath my feet. It was a piece of paper, which was worn at the edges and appeared to have something written on it. I lift it up, and try to let the moonlight hit the paper to it can be eligible to read. I squint my eyes for a moment, and finally make out the words:

--Welcome--
Machigerita circus

I look at the page curiously and look at the ink printed design of what seemed to be a circus tent. Is this why I thought of that circus? I feel a shiver down my spine. This has my stomach feeling as if it wants to curl up and tie itself in knots. I didn't even see this. Why did I think of the circus in the first place? And, also, what is this "circus"? I look around to see if there are any signs of where this came from. Suddenly, I begin too see something far further in the woods. Between all the tree trunks, I see a hint of yellow light, almost like a lantern. What's going on? I squint my eyes to try to make out what it is. I have no luck. I take a few steps in the light's direction, then bring my feet to a halt. No, this isn't right. I, I shouldn't go... I hesitate. This could mean that I've made it to the end of the woods, or at least, the other side. Or, it could be that "circus". I close my eyes. Why does it have to be me? Why do I have to be the one stuck in this situation?
Because you're the only one left who can understand. The circus is near, keep going! . . .

Another irregular thought passes through my mind. Why? Suddenly I realize something that may or may not be quite true. What if, possibly, these are the thoughts of someone else? Of someone speaking to me? I now notice that when that thought had gone through me, it didn't appear that of my own, and it rang with a high pitched voice to it. Am I going insane? I shake my head and let out an encouraging sigh to myself. Everything's okay. It has to be.
I suck in a deep breathe, and slowly begin to walk. Each step feels heavier, as if my body is trying to force me back. But I have to keep going. I need to find out what is going on, and what is happening to me. I continue walking for quite some time, and my body aches with fear tinged with hope. Hope for this to be the end of my adventure. The end, as in where I can head back home, away from here. But I notice as I grow closer to the light, that it becomes mistakenly brighter. This must be... the circus.