Chapter 6

For the next 3 months, I helped around the house in any way I could. I was happy enough to help since if Levi hadn't saved me I wouldn't be alive so it was the least I could do.

I laid in bed awake, it was late at night but I couldn't sleep.

I looked next to me to see Levi asleep peacefully. I turned on my side facing him and watched the slow rising and falling of his chest.

The last thing I expected was for him to open his eyes and look at me, like he had never been asleep at all.

"What is it?" He whispered turning onto his side to face me.

"Nothing." I whispered back.

"Why are you staring at me then?"

"I wasn't."

"You're lying." He said pulling my mask down.

"I wasn't staring at you I was just thinking.." I whispered.

"Hm?" He hummed getting closer to me until our faces were inches apart, "thinking about what?"

"Uhm.. well.." I muttered as my face flushed red, "you know how I was able to sleep when you were hugging me?"

"Yeah?"

"Well.." I mumbled trailing off.

"You want to do it again?"

"Mhm.."

"Come on then." He said with a yawn as he pulled me to his chest and wrapped his arms around me, "why does it help you sleep?"

"I don't know.. I guess it makes me feel safe." I mumbled as I wrapped my arms around him.

I nuzzled into the crook of his neck and let the warmth of his body engulf me. I then fell into a comfortable sleep.

~~~

I woke up the next morning with a yawn.

"Morning." Levi said.

"mmh.." I groaned as I rubbed my eyes.

"Still tired?"

"Mhm."

"Well you need to get up, it's breakfast time."

"No."

"Get up."

"No."

I heard him sigh then felt myself get picked up out of the bed.

"Levi put me back." I said.

"No." He replied as he made his way downstairs.

"Fuck you." I muttered, "where are my crutches."

"In my other hand?"

"You're only holding me with one hand?" I asked in disbelief as I looked, and surely enough there was only one hand under me.

"You don't weigh much." He said as he sat me down.

"I don't?" I asked as I took my crutches from him and stood up.

"Nope."

"Oh." I turned around to go back upstairs but Levi grabbed my waist, stopping me.

"Where are you going?"

"To get my mask."

"You don't need it, come help me with breakfast."

I nodded and walked into the kitchen with him.

"What are we making?"

"Pancakes."