New School & New People

**THE NEXT MORNING**

Scarlett’s POV

My alarm on my phone began playing “As Long As You Love Me” by Justin Bieber. Which meant I had to wake up and get ready to go to the new school. I went to the bathroom and took a shower. After I got out of the shower, I put my robe on. I blow dried my hair. Then I walked into my closet. It was about 7:05. I pick out an off-white layered skirt and a button-up blue denim blouse with forearm sleeves. I also added a brown ruffle belt. (Picture on the side) I put on my gold and sparkly Toms.

I went back to the bathroom and did my makeup & hair. I put a little bit of eyeliner, mascara, and foundation on. Then I lightly curled my hair since it was straight from my shower. Usually after I shower, my waves didn’t appear until an hour after, so I decided to curl my hair instead of waiting for my waves to come back.

I put gold stud earrings in my ears. I put deodorant on, sprayed myself with some perfume and then rubbed matching lotion on my hands. It was about 7:30 when I finally went downstairs. I slowly walked into the dining room where I heard voices.

Jerry and my dad were standing and talking. My dad’s back was to me and Jerry was facing me. Jerry saw me as he peeked over my dad’s shoulder.

“There she is.” He said smiling. “Good morning Scarlett! Your food is ready. Please, have a seat.” He said as he walked over to a seat pulling a chair out. I walked over and sat down.

“I’ll be right back.” He said walking into another room. My guess was the kitchen. My father walked over to the table and sat across from me.

“Did you sleep well?” he asked.

Wow. He doesn’t even say good morning…

“Uhh, yeah.” I said looking down at my hands at I fumbled the around on the table.

“That’s good.” He said nodding as he looked around.

Well this is just aca-awkward…

[AUTHOR’S NOTE: ^^Sorry I’m a big Pitch Perfect fan! That’s right Aca-Bitches!! ;)

And I mean really ACA-awkward. The awkwardness was broken, thank god, when Jerry and 2 maids came with our breakfast.

The plates consisted of eggs, bacon, sausage, fried bread, mushrooms, and baked beans.

“Scarlett, would you like coffee or milk?” asked Jerry after he set down my plate.

“Milk please.” I said. I didn’t want coffee breath. Especially on my first day at a new school.

“Be back in a sec.”  he said before leaving again with the maids.

My dad picked up a newspaper and began reading. A minute later Jerry brought out milk for me, and coffee for my dad.

“Thank you.” I said giving Jerry a small smile.

“Thanks Jerry.” Said my dad not even looking away from the paper.

Jerry left and I began eating. And boy was it amazing! My mom was a great cook, but this food was sooo good! Especially the bacon!

Jerry returned at about 7:45.

“You ready to go to school?” he asked.

I nodded as I scooted out from the table.

“I just need to grab my phone, backpack, and laptop.” I said.

“Of course.” He said smiling.

I walked back up to my room and grabbed my laptop from its charger, my iPhone from the iHome, and my backpack. I slipped my laptop into my backpack and checked to make sure I had all my stuff