Chapter Six - A Loving Connection

Start from the beginning

"Hey, Marry, Barry and I just fought; it's okay. You don't need to be here," Lena spoke, lying under the covers as steam rose from the food.

"Knock," replied Mary against the bed frame.

"I shouldn't have pushed so hard... I just pushed him away."

"He's probably hurt; we've never treated each other like this," she explained.

As Betty was upstairs, the tv show went on, something my family always spent time doing. Trying my hardest to focus elsewhere, I could only be worried about the love of my life. Neither of us thought our exploring would lead to a years-long cold case. Simply doing it because we both loved new adventures. Exciting my thoughts, mum and dad was sound asleep, his snoring overpowering the TV. Gently getting up, I couldn't stay away from her any longer. Quietly stepping up, I could hear her voice, knowing Mary was there.

"Baby, can I..." I spoke before being interrupted by the door opening.

Getting pulled in, I sat on the bed, ready to speak my heart out.

"Barry, I'm so sorry; all these events have messed up my emotions. You don't have to be sorry."

"That will be our only fight. Do you forgive me?" Lena said before I could speak.

Smiling, I was relieved that we both came to an understanding.

"Of course I do; we are all on edge; how about I make it up to you?" I hinted, holding her hands.

Blushing, Lena couldn't help but chuckle as she cheerfully responded, "I've been wanting to do this for weeks!"

"Let's say goodnight to my parent's first love," I say as the night continues.

Making our way back down, by now, they had awoken again, however not on the couch. Knowing they must be getting ready for bed or asleep, jumping up the stairs walking by their room.

"Goodnight, mum," I say, whispering as dad sleeps snoring.

"It was nice seeing you, Betty. Goodnight," Mum replied.

Shutting the door, it was time to relive our first date.

Not minding her presence, Betty exclaimed aloud, "Mary, you are welcome to stay."

Expecting a response soon, we got to work, making our bed more comfortable. Adding pillows and a sizeable woolly blanket, used from that same night.

"Do you want the lights on?" I asked, reaching under the bed.

"That would be magical," Betty said, buried under the covers.

Switching through the different light modes, we chose dimmer and slower. Finding my way to the movie we both loved the most, it began to play. My hands rested around her waist as our heads leaned on one another. Our first date didn't end like most, with little physical touch. Instead, it felt natural and easy. Not wanting to interrupt her viewing, I focused on the movie. Glancing down at the time, I saw nearly half of the film had passed. Handling the remote, Betty pressed pause, focusing her attention on me.

"Baby, I'm still worried; what if there is still much more yet to happen?" she asks, trembling.

"I promise everything will be okay, we have friends and family, and we have each other," I replied, embracing even tighter.

"I know I'm just scared, baby; I can't lose you; you are my everything," Betty quietly spoke, leaning up to kiss me.

Nodding, we gently kissed, my right hand holding her neck as the moment continued.