EIGHTEEN

"Oh my God." Sienna's wide eyes traced around every detail of The Jade Estate. I mean, I couldn't blame her.

  The place was gorgeous head to toe with creamy white walls, shimmering gold accents everywhere and dozens of crystal chandeliers. Every so often she got her phone out and took pictures, most likely sending them to her mom. And I listened as an employee guided us around each room.

   "This would be the standard ceremony room." The employee, named Marie, said as we entered a smaller room with wide windows letting in slithers of the soon setting sunlight. "And then through these doors would be where the reception is held." That room was even more stunning with a white balcony and a complete wall of windows on one side, giving you the best view of Manhattan.

  Sienna glanced back at me in absolute awe and Marie smiled. "I'll give you ladies a minute to chat and look around, I'll be by the doors when you're ready."

  Within seconds, Sienna turned to me and whispered, "This place is stunning."

   "I know right." I agreed. Definitely fit for a perfect New York wedding. "I mean, the views are insane, and the ceremony room is the perfect size for a small audience."

  Sienna smiled nervously, "I just hope they'll have space for such short notice. Wedding venues are booked practically a year in advance. We're only running on half that time."

   "You sure you guys can't hold off another six months to guarantee spaces?" I laughed.

  With a knowing smile, Sienna shook her head, "Roman gave me six months, any longer and he's dragging me down the registry office and doing it that way." I chuckled in response but seeing her expression, I could tell it was a dead serious warning.

   "Plus, he'll start medical school in the fall and by August we'll have our place together." She explained.

  It was so insane to me how they both had everything planned out and were already setting up a life for themselves. A real, proper, adult life. It was scary.

   "Has Roman officially decided what school he's going to?" I asked.

  Sienna paused for a moment and gazed out the windows, looking down at the view. "Perelman. He wants to keep on at Pennsylvania." And by the sound of her voice, it wasn't enthusiastic.

   "You don't want him to?" It was a genuine question. Sienna had always been so supportive of Roman's career. Being by his side every step of the way and pushing him to reach every goal he wanted to. Of course, he was the same by her, however something felt off about her tone of voice right now.

   "I... I support him in whatever he wants to do. It's his education and career..."

   "But?" there was always a 'but'.

  She sighed, "But I don't want to go to Pennsylvania." There it was. "I mean, I'm sure it's a good place and I practically live round his during the summers but I just... I just think there's more."

   "More?"

   "He can get into better schools. I know that with all my heart, but he wants to play it safe at Perelman. And... and I can't blame him but that's another four to five years until residency. I'm being selfish, I know that but..."

   "Have you talked to Roman about it?" I then asked.

  Sienna sighed once more, "This is his dream, Rya. Not mine, his. And I can't take it away from him just because I don't want to be stuck in Pennsylvania for four-five years." I could understand where she was coming from, but I hated seeing her upset. "We already have it all figured out. Apartment, money, job prospects. That's why he proposed and why the wedding is soon. I can't disturb the plan now."