(13) "What is Love?"

Začít od začátku

🗻

Y/n is in a ball, trembling by the door. She tries to get up but fails. All of a sudden the door handle starts fidgeting. Then it stops. Y/n looks at it questionably. CLICK. The door opens to find a snowman plucking his nose out of the lock, and putting it back in his face.

"Y/n! Are you okay?" Olaf asks, concerned.

"I'm okay." She says, nodding.

Olaf thinks of a moment.

"Ooh! Let's get you to Anna's fire!" Olaf thinks of one of his best ideas, in his mind.

"Okay."

Olaf helps Y/n up and they start on to Anna's room.

🗻

Anna shivers by the door. She looks up to see ice overtaking the ceiling. The door handle suddenly jiggles. Stops. Jiggles again.

"Help."

CLICK. The door swings open. Anna sees a hand pulling something out of the lock and hears a snowman giggle of victory. Olaf pulls Y/n along as she's putting the bobby pin back in her hair. Then he sees Anna lying there.

"Anna. Oh no."

He runs to the fireplace. Throws in some fresh wood, including one of his own arms, which he quickly rescues, before striking a match and relighting the fire. Y/n sits down next to her sister and helps her sit up.

"Olaf. Get away from there." Anna orders him.

"Whoa! So this is heat.... I love it." Olaf stands mesmerized.

He reaches a twig finger toward the flames, but It catches on fire.

"Ooh! But don't touch it!" Olaf takes a mental note.

He shakes the flame out, as he rushes over to help Anna & Y/n to the fire.

"So, where's Hans? What happened to your kiss?" Olaf asks.

"I was wrong about him. It wasn't true love." Anna informs Y/n & Olaf.

"But we ran all the way here?" Olaf says innocently.

"Please Olaf, you can't stay here; you'll melt." Y/n tells him.

"I am not leaving here until we find some other act of true love to save you two." Olaf says determinedly.

He sits down behind them, stubbornly. He leans his back against the two girls sitting together, holding hands, and thinks.

"...Do you happen to have any ideas?" Olaf asks.

"I don't even know what love is." Anna looks at Y/n weekly, offended. "No, I know what the "I love you" "I love you more." Family shi-'' She stops herself remembering there is a literal newborn in the room. "Family stuff is. But I don't know what Love is."

"That's okay, I do...." Olaf starts.

Olaf hops back up and puts a soothing hand on her shoulder.

"Love is...putting someone else's needs before yours, like, you know, how Kristoff brought you back here and left you forever." Olaf explains.

"...Kristoff loves me?" Y/n asks surprised. Anna smiles weakly, happy for her sister.

"Wow, you really don't know anything about love, do you?" Olaf's nose starts to droop.

"Olaf, you're melting." Anna notices.

"Some people are worth melting for." Olaf smiles.

But then...his face REALLY melts. He panics, and pushes the snow back in place.

"Just maybe not right this second." Olaf says his face smushed.

Suddenly, the window blows open, a cold wind sweeps in. Both girls huddle together to stay warm.

"Don't worry, I've got it!" Olaf reassures them.

Olaf flitters to the window. He pulls one panel of it shut but struggles with the second panel.

"We're going to get through- Oh, wait. Hang on. I'm getting something."

He breaks an icicle off the window, uses it as a telescope and sees... Kristoff and Sven running back down the mountain.

(Le-gasp)

"It's Kristoff and Sven! They're coming back this way."

"...They are?" Both girls ask, simultaneously.

"Wow, he's really moving fast. Huh.... I guess I was wrong. I guess Kristoff doesn't love you enough to leave you behind."

Y/n stares in realization. She tries to get to her feet.

"Help me up. Please." Y/n asks.

Olaf hurries over, tumbling over the couch, knocking over the chess set and water jugs.

"No, no, no, no, no. You need to stay by the fire and keep warm." Olaf tells her.

"I need to get to Kristoff." Y/n tells him. Anna gives her a playful nudge.

"Why...?" Olaf asks clueless. "Oh, oh, oh, I know why!"

He hops around in an excited display of hope.

"There's your act of true love, right there, riding across the fjords like a valiant, pungent reindeer king! Come on!" Olaf helps both of them.

Olaf pulls them along running. Icicles invade the walls. The walls crack under the ice's pressure.

"Look out!"

They rush out the room just as the ceiling collapses.

Anna, Y/n, & Olaf struggle down the hall. Ice spikes grow and block their path.

"Uh back this way." Olaf pulls them the other way.

Even more Icicles develop.

"We're trapped."

They look around desperately for a way out.

(Words: 1191)