(9) Marshmallow

Marshmallow holds the siblings and Kristoff in one hand and Olaf in the other.

"Stop. Put us down!" Anna orders.

"Go away."

Marshmallow tosses Kristoff and the two princesses down the steps.

The girls and Kistoff slide past Sven, who's got his tongue stuck to the ice railing.

"Heads up!"

Olaf's head smashes into a snowbank nearby.

"Watch out for my butt!"

The two sisters and Kristoff duck as the rest of Olaf slams into the snowbank. Marshmallow turns to go back into the castle.

"It is not nice to throw people!" Y/n yells at the ginormous snowman, her hands misting.

Kristoff grabs her, and pulls her back.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, feisty pants. Okay, relax. Just calm down. Calm down!" Kristoff fights her.

"Let me at him. I want to get him. I- Okay! All right! I'm okay"

"Just let the snowman be!"

"I'm Calm."

"Great."

Y/n backs down...for a moment. Then she makes a huge snowball and throws it at Marshmallow.

"Uh Oh! Come on!"

The tiny little ball (compared to him) hits Marshmallow's back, not making even the slightest dent. But it's enough to infuriate him. He ROARS. Spikes shoot out of his joints.

"Oh. Look, see. Now you made him mad!" Anna lectures her sister.

"I'll distract him. You guys go." Olaf instructs.

Kristoff pushes Y/n and Anna along. Sven runs off in the opposite direction. Olaf's belly and butt fall and follow Sven.

"No, no, not you guys." Olaf calls after his body parts. (That felt really weird writing that.)

Marshmallow goes charging after the girls and Kristoff as Olaf's head falls and lands face down in snow.

"This just got a whole lot harder." Olaf says muffled.

The two princesses and Kristoff leap and slide down a steep slope. They tumble to a stop at the bottom, Kristoff stands up just as the two sisters tumble through his legs making him fall. Marshmallow lands hard right behind them. They're off again...through a maze of conifers that sag under the weight of the snow, Marshmallow hot on their trail.

Y/n runs over to a bent over tree.

"What are you doing?!" Kristoff yells over to Y/n.

Y/n makes a knife out of ice and cuts a bent over tree with Anna's help and releases all of the snow. The tree snaps upright, knocking Marshmallow back.

"Ho-ho-ho!" Kristoff congratulates.

"I got him!" Y/n yells excitedly.

The sisters and Kristoff burst out of the conifer forest and almost run right off a cliff. They stop short, toes on the edge.

"Whoa, stop!"

"It's a hundred foot drop." Anna guesses.

"It's two hundred." Kristoff guesses more accurately.

Kristoff ties the rope around Y/n and pulls tight. Anna stays to the side already all tied up.

"Ow."

He drops to his knees and starts digging a u-shape in the snow with a pick axe.

"What's that for?"

"I'm digging a snow anchor." Kristoff answers Anna's question.

"Okay. What if we fall?"

"I'll create twenty feet of fresh powder down there; it'll be like landing on a pillow.... Hopefully." Y/n answers.

They hear an angry ROAR coming closer.

"Okay, On three."

Anna preps for the jump like a boxer getting ready to fight.

"Okay. You tell me when..." Anna says excitedly.

"One..."

"I'm ready to go...."

"Two..."

"I was BORN ready! Yes!"

"Calm down." Y/n tells her sister.

A huge tree flies through the air toward them.

"TREE!" Both the girls scream.

The sisters jump and pull Kristoff over the edge with them leaving behind a Kristoff shaped pad of snow. They hang upside down over the cliff by the rope. The rope catches their fall.

"What the- Whoa! That happened."

Back up top, Olaf emerges from the woods. He's a complete mess, all his body parts are in the wrong places. He huffs and puffs, struggling to run.

"Ah. Ah. Man, am I out of shape." Olaf pants.

He stops. Puts his body back together in the right order.

"There we go. Hey, Anna! Y/n! Sven!" Olaf calls. "Where'd ya guys go? We totally lost Marshmallow back there!"

Marshmallow steps up behind Olaf. Olaf turns to face him.

"Hey. We were just talking about you. All good things, all good things."

Marshmallow roars and approaches Kristoff's snow anchor.

"NO!"

Olaf jumps onto Marshmallow's leg trying to stop him, but not making much of a difference.

"This is not making much of a difference, is it?" Olaf asks.

Marshmallow flicks Olaf off his leg and right over the cliff.

"WHOA!"

Olaf passes Y/n, Anna, and Kristoff.

"Olaf!"

"Hang in there, guys!" Olaf calls.

"Go. Go faster!" Y/n earges Kristoff.

Marshmallow starts yanking Kristoff and Anna's rope up.

"Wait, what?"

Kristoff's head hits the cliff. Kristoff passes out and hangs like a rag doll.

"Kristoff!" Y/n yells worried.

Marshmallow pulls them up. He roars and breathes snow all over them.

"Don't come back!" Marshmallow yells at them.

"Ugh. We won't." Y/n confirms.

Y/n makes a knife out of ice and cuts the rope. Kristoff comes back just as they fall. They all scream.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

SSSSCCK!

SLAM!

(874 Words)

(874 Words)