Chapter 30: Shattered

Start from the beginning

"She would have seen the basket. She would have answered," Mavielle said.

"Well maybe she's not at home then."

"Hmm. Let's check the back entrance in the garage."

We went around to the back and entered into the garage.

"Her jeep wrangler is here," Mavielle observed. We knocked on the door which allows you access to the house but it was locked.

"Strange. Why would she leave the garage open then?" I questioned and looked around.

"She's probably has an outing. That's why she couldn't answer the door. She's in the shower or getting dress or something."

"Mavielle, Flamboyant has another car."

"Nah."

"So what's covered there, behind the wrangler?" I asked. Mavielle came to my side and we both exchanged a look. She set the basket onto the floor and stepped in front of the covered vehicle.

We lifted the covering off and Mavielle stumbled backwards holding her chest, onto the Wrangler, which started to alarm.

"Mavielle..." I said and looked at the car. It was dented to the front and the windshield had been shattered.

"Oh my God," I let out as my mind flashed to what Mavielle told me about her mother's death due to a hit and run incident.

Flamboyant then appeared through the door, holding a bat in her hand.

"Who's messing with my baby?!" she asked with a shout. She found us and the uncovered car.

Mavielle eyed her and the bat slipped out of Flamboyant's fingers.

"You.. You.. Flamboyant.. All this time! It was YOU?!" Mavielle asked with a wrath that seemed to have shake the garage.

"Mavielle, it's.. It's.. not what you think," she stuttered and threw up her two hands as she backed away towards the door.

Mavielle launched at her before she could have slipped through the door. With a loud thud, Flamboyant was pinned by her face against the garage door. Mavielle quickly turned her around and smacked her.

Flamboyant spat blood at the first blow.

Then Mavielle struck her again. And again. And again. And again.

"You killed my mother! You fucking bitch! This was the car that run my mother over!" Mavielle yelled.

Flamboyant fell to the floor. And Mavielle started stomping her.

"Mavielle! Stop! You're going to kill her!" I shouted and pulled Mavielle with all my strength.

"Yes! I am going to kill her. She killed my mother, didn't she, and it would have been me if my mother didn't push me out of the way!"

Mavielle got loose and landed another kick. "And here I come, to the killer, with her favorite snacks and bottle of wine!" Mavielle reached for the bottle of wine.

"Mavielle! Don't! Think about what you're doing!" I said. She stood in front of Flamboyant who was struggling to get off the floor. Mavielle broke the bottle directly in front of her, avoiding hitting her with it.

"Why, why Flamboyant?" she asked, hot tears spilling from her eyes, "My mom was more than just my mom. She was my best friend. When I lost her, I lost myself. Why did you do it?"

Flamboyant didn't answer. Perhaps she was in too much pain or the realisation that her actions were exposed had her in a throat hold.

Mavielle yanked her up by the hair.

"Answer me!" she shouted.

"I.. I did it. I wanted you out of my way! That hit wasn't intended for your mom. It was for you. She just got in the way."

I knew Flamboyant was somewhat acrimonious but I never expected her to be so heartless to the point of killing someone.

While Mavielle was kicking her ass, I called the police and they should be here any minute. We placed a tie strap we found in a toolbox on her hands and sat her down in the corner until the cops came.

We explained what happened, told them about her confession I had also recorded on my phone, and we watched as they took her away.

Mavielle broke down in tears. I pulled her into my arms, literally giving her a shoulder to lean on.

~

Several officers and even detectives took  me and Mavielle to the police precinct for our statements.

When Mr. Parriston heard the news, he immediately came to the police station in our support. Mavielle's husband came to her side and thanked me for being there for her.

After the statements, we left. Mavielle's husband took her to his car and informed Mr. Parriston that it would be best if she could have a few days off from work to gather herself.

Mr. Parriston was very compassion and informed him that she should take all the time that she needed.

Then he turned to me and opened the door so I can get into his car. He got into the driver's seat and drove us back to the mansion.
Without a word, I went to my bedroom, feeling very sad and heartbroken for Mavielle. She didn't deserve that.
Mavielle had been nothing but nice.

~

Mr. Parriston had informed me to come to his office.

"Miss. Prime, I can't imagine what Mavielle must be going through. I suggest you take a few days off as well and gather yourself."

"Thank you. I will."

"The house can go a few days without cleaning."

I nodded and turned to leave.

"Before you go, I have something for you," he said.

"What would that be?" I questioned.

I turned to him and he reached into his top right drawer and pulled out a package.

"Your toy, Miss. Prime."

__________________
A/N

Security had 1 job 🤣🤣🤣