Chapter 1

"Go! Get lost! I hate you!!!" I screamed. "Alright, you'll see what you get out of that, bitch!" my now ex- boyfriend Ashley yelled, whilest I fire his stuff out of the window. I caught him cheating on me. "I'm gonna call the cops if you don't leave!" I yelled. He obviously didn't want that. "I'll find you...I'm gonna kill you!" He said, than he left. Just another man, talking shit. I cried. I really thought he was the one. But he always was at work anyways. He told me, that he wants to give me a good life, without worrying about money. I believed him. Every fucking word. I really loved him. Now look where that got me. Crying in my livingroom. Suddenly I got nauseous and then I had to run. I ran to the toilett and started vomitting. 'What in the?' I thought to myself. I threw that question away and focused on Ash's things. I put every picture of us down and threw it into a box. Done with that, I put it away.

A week later I noticed that I ate weird stuff, as I wanted to eat watermelon with mustard. My mother told me to get a pregnancy test. So I did and instantly took it. Lucky me, that lemonade made me pee very fast. Waiting for the result was the heaviest part. I pace up and down in my bathroom, my mom paced around infront of the door. We waited. It felt like years. But there it was. I showed my mom and she looked at me with worry. I looked...

It was positive. I was pregnant. I will get a child from that man, that cheated on me. I can't. I don't want that. Ashley should never know. He would just murder it. I knew that he was a criminal. Once or twice, he stole something or I heard, that he shot people, but he never got arrested for it. It was quite weird, though. I never hated him for that. I hated people too. But now where he was gone and was mad at me, I didn't want him to hurt the human that grew inside me right now. Shit, I already loved the child.

My mom was worried and searched for answers if he really could hurt me. She found out, really fast, that Ashley Purdy was one of the highest mafia bosses in San Francisco. I swallowed hard on that. This means, that he could technically kill me and get away with it. Now I'm even more scared.

Sixteen years later...

I didn't hear much of Ashley anymore, since I kicked him out of my life. But this morning was different. Suddenly a man, dressed in black stood infront of our house. I didn't see him at first but my best friend Cathleen did. She told me after we sat in my car. I was on my way to get Caitlyn from school. She was fifteen now. As we arrived back home, I got attacked by the man Cathleen told me about. He held a knife against my throat. But Cathleen and Caitlyn grabbed him and threw him in another direction. We ran inside and closed the door. Leaving him behind and calling the police.

After this I just wanted Caitlyn to be safe. So I came across the biggest mafia in town. They just HAVE to protect her, I would do EVERYTHING to keep Caitlyn safe. So I called Chris Black. He was the biggest mafia boss in San Francisco. I have an appointment with him tomorrow. Till then, he'll send me someone to protect us for the night. He was a real gentleman, though. I breathed out and calm down a little. "What's wrong Mom?" My little angel asked me. "Don't worry sweetheart, I got it." I reassured her. "Go, do your homework." I said, a smile on my lips. She smiled at me and hopped off, playfully jumped to her backpack, to get her homework and doing it with joy. I was so proud of her. She was the class best and had many friends. Almost nobody hated her. Just some random stupidheads disliked her because they're jealous.

She didn't care at all. After her homework she watched tv for a while and then it was time for bed. I caught her reading in her room, but left her alone then. I loved it when she read. She's such a smartass. I got to bed and slept in really fast. The feeling of being protected by a man outside the house was quite strange but we needed it. I slept good this night.

The next day came faster than it should. Today was the appointment with Mr. Black. And that means, if he really does protect her, she'll be gone from today on. She had to live with them, to get the best protection. "Goodmorning sweetheart, pack your things, we need to go..." I said without another word. She didn't ask, she just did like I told her. I loved her so much. She was so pure, that's why she needed the protection.

As we arrived on the biggest mansion in town, caitlyn was stunned. "OMG MOM, thats so biiig!" She squealed excitedly, jumping up and down on the spot. I hope she'll get the protection. I would do literally everything for that. I'm just happy, that she didn't get anything from Ashley's genes. Caitlyn is just to pure to be his daughter. I hope they'll see it. So we entered the mansion with the guy who protected us. The mansion really was the biggest in San Francisco. Even I was impressed. The man dissappeared in a room. As he came out again, he told us, that Mr. Black would be ready in a minute and that he calls us inside then.

That's what happened now. A strong, tall man looked out his room and called me inside. I didn't want Caitlyn to know what an asshole her father was. So I told her to wait outside in the hallway...

Caitlyn PoV...

Mom dissapeared after the strange man in ,what seemed to be his office. Meanwhile I walked the hallway up and down and looked at the paintings on the wall. There was a painting of a handsome, tall, black haired man. He doesn't seem much older than me. Maybe one or two years. Maybe the strange Mr. Black had a son my age? I didn't care much about boys, though. But this one seemed interesting. I stared at the painting, as I suddenly heard footsteps behind me. Scared as I was, I didn't turned around.

"Who are you?" The mysterious voice asked. Now I turned around, to see whom I talking to. It was the face I was starring at for at least ten minutes now. In person he was even more handsome. "I'm...I'm...-" I stuttered. "Do I make you nervous?" He again asked, his mouth formed a smile. "Anyways...I have to get going gorgeous..see you." He said and went away. 'Ok, What the hell was wrong with me?' I am fifteen years old and the most important thing for me, was my school and my grades.

I sat myself on a chair infront of Mr. Black's office and get a book out of one of my bags. I read a couple minutes till the door got opened and my mom came out quite happy, but still had dry tears on her cheeks. "What's wrong mom?" I asked her. "It's okay honey, but you have to stay here...okay? And please, do everything they tell you." Mom said, kissing the top of my head, then leaving.

'What? Why am I staying away? And how long?' I didn't understand a thing. But I learned, not to ask things. Everything happens for a reason...