6. New Faces

I was pissed

I was pissed.

I wanted to punch a wall.

Everything was going so well until the moment I stepped off my flight and went to grab my luggage.

It was hopeful that the man who has caused so much havoc for most of my life would stay out of it. But here Vaughn Petrov was trying to find his way back into my life.

"We have arrived, Mr. Petrov," Fisher points out while parking the car. "Shall I help you find your dorm?"

"No need to." I responded sharply while grabbing the belongings that I had in the back seat.

People's chatter reached my ears as I sat in the car, silently watching with my headphones on. After getting situated the moment I got off my flight, I had the surprise of meeting my personal driver, and on the way here, we didn't speak. Well, I didn't speak.

Ray Fisher, who appeared to be in his late forties and dressed solemnly in a black suit, not only described some of the local hotspots and how much he had enjoyed his college years in the past, but he was personally chosen to stay with me throughout my entire school year. Vaughn's way of emphasizing his point.

Despite not being my biological father-which was confirmed by Vince's DNA test and the dates of my siblings and my conception-Vaughn was still going to be there.

It fueled my irritation.

Vaughn Petrov wanted to give me some kind of thought that he cared and was happy for me. Something I didn't believe in just to have him creep back in my life when he chose to move out and not speak to neither me or my siblings.

If I was being honest, I haven't heard from the man for months.

After the big reveal that Vince and mom had something much deeper than some lustful affair and resulted in Adrian, Jules, and I being his children, he packed and left. He didn't stay nor did he reach out to any of us.

When grandma and grandpa, who we now learned is just our great aunt and uncle, they told us nothing has changed, but they didn't share their views on mom or Vince. They were shocked, but we were all related, and now we are all distant.

Only brief conversations.

"Mr. Petrov-"

"Can you unlock the trunk," I asked while opening the car door and getting out. A soft thump sound, and I walked around the black sedan and grabbed hold of my other suitcases. Fisher got out of the car, his door opening and closing as he circled the sedan.

"Your father-"

"Vaughn Petrov is not my father," I growl, my blood boiling. The fucker left and I wanted nothing else from him.

"Sir-"

"And with all due respect, Fisher, I don't need you here to watch everything that I do. If Vaughn wants to know how I am moving on with my life, tell him to man up and come see me."