1. As Much Time

"Do you know who you will be sharing a room with?" Jules questions me the moment we enter Main Street Barbecue

For some reason, Jules wanted to come out to Mercer's favorite place to grab dinner and I didn't question it. This was summer and we were having some bonding time. Besides, it was no one else but the two of us anyways.

Mercer and Adrian don't have much of a connection with Vince, but with a little convincing from me to Mercer and Jules to Adrian, they went.

It was going to be a process. Mercer was weary of Vince, and it didn't escape my attention that Adrian was in agreement with him. Jules, on the other hand, seemed to be taking things well.

I remember the day I asked and she told me that she was feeling fine but the look on her face told me otherwise. Jules was an angel who liked to keep her family together and want nothing for them but happiness. She has a gentle heart and she is not scared of getting bruised.

The idea didn't settle with me, but I accepted what she wanted me to do about it. Nothing. She was strong, and I was actually happy to have her in my life.

She was there for me alongside her brothers and shockingly, their mother. Journee, Mercer's mother, had invited me to stay ever since I had been evicted from my father's home. Although it came as a shock, there was some unresolved tension in the opulent house.

I didn't want to stay for too long at the Petrov's residence but that changed the second my mother called me and tried to reason with me while being fully aware of the situation with my father. So, I made a decision to accept Journee's offer.

Without hesitancy, her arms were open and she was welcoming to me. She laid some rules that I planned on respecting but I found myself lost in Mercer's bed every now and then. It was hard to resist him, and every time he'd ask me to spend the night in his room, he'd do it with lingering kisses and tempting words that led from one thing to another.

Fornicating was a gray line when it came to Mrs. Petrov's rules but I had a feeling that the reason she wasn't saying anything was because of Mercer, Adrian, and Jules. She wanted to make things right and Mercer was doing anything he could to avoid her.

He wasn't ready to talk to her and every time I tried to convince Mercer to talk to her, he changed the subject.

With Adrian, he was always out but I had a feeling that had absolutely nothing to do with Journee and everything to do with Skylar.

And Jules has her moments, but she has conversations with Journee, and it's almost as if she were their mother again. It was her words and when she told me, I nearly cried.

One of the many things I have in common with them was having a hard time having a relationship with my parents. It's hard to create that trust bond when they treat you a certain way and don't support you.