𝟤𝟨 | 𝒫𝓇𝒾𝓃𝒸𝑒 𝑅𝒾𝑒𝓁𝓁𝑒

вσσкѕтσяє ∂αтє

𝔖𝔬𝔫𝔤: ℭ𝔩𝔢𝔞𝔫 - 𝔗𝔞𝔶𝔩𝔬𝔯 𝔖𝔴𝔦𝔣𝔱

f/b - favourite book

⚜ ————- ⚜Ѽ⚜ ————- ⚜

"Rielle! Where are we going?!" Y/N let out a squeak as she tripped over something, her warm boots doing almost nothing to protect her toes. She pouted as a gentle pain blossomed in her toes, making her want to hop in place and cradle the injured parts of her body. 

Her escort let out a quiet laugh, and Y/N had half a mind to glare at him, though she quickly realised that it would be useless to do as such due to hands currently wrapped tightly over her eyes. And though she knew he meant well, wanting to surprise her with the location for their date, she couldn't deny that he was absolutely terrible at guiding her through the town. She had lost track of how many curbs she had managed to trip over, how many street lights she had ended up crashing into, and how many small bumps in the pavement had managed to trip her and nearly send her sprawling. 

"Rielle," Y/N huffed, her hands over his, her fingers starting to curl around his hands to pull them away, "I swear if you don't let go this instant..."

"We're here!"

Rielle pulled his hands away from Y/N's eyes, grinning boyishly as he showed off the wonderful shop that he had wanted to take her to. A small hole-in-the-wall bookshop that he had discovered on his last trip into town. And of course, since there were no books that managed to survive the trek beneath the waves and into the currents below the sea, Rielle had wanted to take Y/N to a place where she could experience something that she never had before.

"Rielle," Y/N asked hesitantly, "what is this place?" She slipped her hand into her boyfriend's, finding comfort in his warmth. The warmth that she longed for when he was away at school, learning how to be a potential king. The warmth that never failed to comfort her and send waves of adoration through her.

"It's a bookstore," Rielle said softly. "I wanted to show you something you've never seen before." He pulled her towards the entrance, tugging her along gently, though giving her every opportunity to pull him back. But when she allowed him to lead him into the store, he pushed the door open, smiling at the sound of the small golden bell that chimed as the wooden frame of the door hit the edge. 

A young woman looked up from behind the counter. She was rather small in stature, her untamable brown locks secured in a messy bun atop her head, though irritating strands were falling out and hanging around her chin and neck. There was a scar beneath one of her eyes in the shape of a teardrop, and a gentle reality of acne was dusted across her cheeks and forehead. Her plump cheeks flowed perfectly into her soft body, and a pair of dark blue glasses sat on her forehead, shining in the soft light of the bookstore.

"Rielle," she said with a smile, "How..." she let out a puff of air, her cheeks puffing up like a chipmunk. She pulled out a large box from beneath the counter, struggling desperately to set it up on the counter. Eventually, she managed and let out a grunt, her glasses falling from their place on her forehead onto her nose, her eyes going cross-eyed for a moment. 

"Sorry," she muttered. "How nice to see you again!" She smiled when she saw the girl standing next to the boy. "And is this the lovely girl that you've told me so much about?" She walked over to an espresso machine on the counter beside her and started working on a drink. 

"Yep," Rielle said proudly, puffing up his chest as he wrapped an arm around Y/N's body. "This is my girlfriend, Y/N."

The woman came out from behind the counter and waved to Y/N. She pulled the box down from the counter and set it on the ground with a huff.